I'm selling, how much are these worth.

bthom70

1) Academy center

2) KG 1.2

2) KG 2.2

1) KG SW

All black finish Circa 1992/1993, minor finish damage.

I bought these in my early Navy career while stationed in Hawaii (young,dumb and money to burn). My new home has small rooms and the speakers don't fit my entertainment criteria any longer.

This speakers are great, I just dont use them. The Academy is the only 1 I use.

I'm looking to downsize The Klipsch Quintet system and The new Tivoli system have caught my eye. I want to put the speakers up on the walls out of the way.

I will prob sell the Klipsch as a set on Ebay or in the New England Bargin News.

I just noticed your signature. One of our regulars, JHawk92, lives up in your neck of the woods and has been prowling for an Academy as well. Give us Klipschers first shot...The New England Bargain News wouldn't know Klipsch from Cornflakes.

C

------------------

My System

Do everybody a favor (including yourself) and don't sell it as a set. The Academy is not the correct center for the KG series speakers. You should sell the KG speakers as a package and the Academy separate from the others. You can eaisly sell the Academy here and the KG package on eBay. Of course, this is just my opinion. Take it for what it is...

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

<<$65.65 + shipping >>

Care to put atleast another 0 on the end of that?>??

atleast for the 1.2 and 2.2 and maybe the sw

is 700+ shipping too much to ask for all 3 for $1150 retail???>? These guys are hardly broken in.

So it looks like you guys are biting at the bit to get the academy separately.

is 300 + shipping too much to ask??

I hope to get the pics posted soon, I've been soo busy.

New car 2002 Alero (not mine but my partners), new gas stove and I installed it.

bthom70

This message has been edited by bthom70 on 02-19-2002 at 09:45 PM

bthom, the Academy's have sold recently for around $600.They are highly sought after.I don't know why.You might check E-Bay closed auctions for info.I personally like to sell my speakers for much less than I paid for them.

I'll trade you a new-in-box Pioneer center speaker and $3 boot for the Academy.The Academy must be perfect and have original box,packing,and manual.BTW,I paid $31 for the Pioneer speaker.I'll pay shipping both ways.Deal? Let me know quickly.

Keith

Keith-The sacrifices you're willing to make to help a fellow board member...kinda brings a tear to ol' fini's eye.

fini

edit: Could you post pictures of that $3 boot? What size is it? Is it available separately if your other deal falls apart?

This message has been edited by fini on 02-20-2002 at 09:18 AM

Just to throw in my two cents ... I owned a KT-LCR and it was the balls. VERY similar to the academy except it was THX-rated ... if you see one up for sale, buy it. You won't regret it.

Funny thing about all this ... you can find single Belles for about $600, and they make one HELLUVA center channel. Just need a little extra room and $7 for some rejuvination (Scotch is extra).

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

AES AE-25 "Superamp"

AES AE-3 Pre-amp

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

No Prob Rob, Nice doing business with you.

I am still recovering from seperation anxiety, but I'll have to tough it out.

My downsizing will be difficult to swallow but its necessary.

Anyone else out there seen/heard of Tivoli Design Model TDHT1?

I bought the new Home theater set last weekend. Kinda on the small side and the sub isnt that bad either.

Brian