My diet/exercise program **Update - I made my goal!!**

wuzzzer

Well folks, I needed to lose 2 pounds to be at my weight loss goal. Unfortunately I didn't lose 2 pounds..........I lost 3!! woohoo.gif

As of 8:30am this morning on June 3, 2009 A.D. I officially weigh 177.5
pounds. Down 31 pounds from my starting weight of 208.5 pounds on April
1st.

I felt awesome when I went running last night and had a good feeling about this week's weigh-in.

banana66yl.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey all,

i started getting serious about diet and exercise jan 1. i started at 20% body fat and now at 15%. i will be participating in my first sprint triathlon the end of june. i am currently 32, 5'5, 172 lbs. my end goal is to be around 12%(i want visible stomach muscles!). i have plateued since april. i am pretty sure running more should burn the rest.

btw OP, congrats!

hey all,

i started getting serious about diet and exercise jan 1. i started at 20% body fat and now at 15%. i will be participating in my first sprint triathlon the end of june. i am currently 32, 5'5, 172 lbs. my end goal is to be around 12%(i want visible stomach muscles!). i have plateued since april. i am pretty sure running more should burn the rest.

btw OP, congrats!

Thanks and congrats to you also! I'm not sure what my body fat % is but I too would like to have more muscle definition all over. I'm looking at local running events this summer that I want to sign up for. Man, a few months ago I could hardly run around my block!

Congrats on reaching your goal!!!

For further fat loss and increase in muscle definiion, I have been doing little cardio, but a ton of functional exercises, like russian kettlebells, tire flipping, sled draging, sledge hammer hits....and my new favorite is the TRX ....

The TRX is basically a set of adjustable straps, with handles/loops on one end....and hook the other end to the top of a door or joist, tree limb.... Kind of like working on the rings in gymnastics, doing pushups on these works 10x the muscles as regular pushups....there are about 100 movements you can do on them...and you can do a circuit for 20-30 mins. keeping your HR in your target zone......

http://www.trxsuspension.com/?gclid=CP7lx-W875oCFQVinAodaDsaIw

just a little tip that I have paid my trainer $$$$ to learn

• 2 weeks later...

So I re-adjusted my goal and I am trying to be at 170.0 pounds. Last week I lost .5 pounds bringing me to 177.0 and this week I lost 3.5 pounds bringing me to 173.5! So now my official weight loss is 35.0 pounds since April 1st.

I ran the other night for 3.22 miles without stopping once. The air temperature was perfect. I ran a couple more times after that and it was much hotter and more humid and I just couldn't catch my breath and had to stop and walk a few times.

I'm getting some huge muscle definition in my arms and legs. Still working on the old belly, although there's definitely less fat there than there used to be.

My wife said I've become the diet/exercise Nazi. [:$]

Wuzzer I feel your pain....running in south florida this time of year is a killer, like your trying to breathe pea soup for air!!

To make matters worse, I'm training at a new gym lead by an ex special opps isreali commando .... two nights a week he has his "combat fitness class" same way special forces trains....starts with a 1/3 mile "sprint" you must do in under 2 min or your out...then no rest, just glove up into 2, 6 minute all out kickboxing rounds....so here I am wheezing and choking from the run, getting the crap kicked out of me. i finally get my breath and rhythm buy the second round, guess what ? another 1/3 mile sprint!...then 12 exercises in a row( squat thrusts, pullups, pushups, tire flips, kettlebells) all no rest....on and on for one full hour, finished by another run!!!!

this getting in shape crap is going to kill me!!! i've actually put on weight even though I'm working out intensely 6 days a week, because I'm using muscles in a totally different way

my point...... trust the mirror more than the scale and don't freak if that last 2 lbs isn't coming off....it's about how you feel and how your body starts to look, more than the lbs....

keep up the great work, it's nice to hear about your progress....keeps me inspired!!! [:D][:D][:D][:D][:D]

i've actually put on weight even though I'm working out intensely 6 days a week, because I'm using muscles in a totally different way

Once the muscles start firming up and building, the muscle mass weighs a lot more.

With some stress last week and the heat, I dropped 5 lbs. If I could stay here at 150 and get more strength, I would love it, as would my gf. [;)]

i've actually put on weight even though I'm working out intensely 6 days a week, because I'm using muscles in a totally different way

Once the muscles start firming up and building, the muscle mass weighs a lot more. 

With some stress last week and the heat, I dropped 5 lbs. If I could stay here at 150 and get more strength, I would love it, as would my gf. Wink

I'm pretty maxed out (or so I thought ) on muscle mass....265 and under 6% bodyfat..... I used to "lift weights" 6 days a week..... and held steady for a long time....

now I hardly lift weights at all, and do intense body weight/core exercises with medicine balls, suspension systems, sledgehammers, tires, kick boxing..etc and to my amazement my muscle mass is going up (not the effect I wanted) but I am in much better all around physical shape......so i really am training more like an athlete and less like a gym rat!

wish I could have figured this out years ago..... the fitness industry is leaning this way now as it is a healthier and more effective way to train....