One week to AK Fest

Audio Flynn

What kind of get togethers happen in the Chicago area? I must have missed something.

For the last two years in February, a member held it at his home in Northbrook. I don't know what they did before that.

A relatively small get together where everyone that attends brings either some type of tube gear and/or speakers. Food + Drinks + Tunes= Good Time [:D]

I went last year attempting to help hoist the banner for Klipsch (not in an official capacity). They fired me a month later. Don't think I'll be there this year.

Good for you Michael. Glad to here someone over there is willing to beat the pavement. Not that I'm big into that sorta thing, because I'm not, but I was sure surprised not to find 1 klipsch product at the Denver Audio show last year.

I guess the Klipsch name is well recognized enough that they don't need to reach out to locals at that level anymore. Must be focusing on the huge consumer electronic shows like in Las Vegas.

Thanks Gilbert but I don't think they do ANY shows any more.

I think that is a mistake in the long run. You have to get out on the road, get dealers involved and meet customers.

Klipsch dealers I have visited in Michigan never seem too enthusiastic about Klipsch or horn speakers in general.

It is a challenge to make a room sound good in a day and a challenge to make it sound better than your competitors.