nice audio score today

well at least i think its nice:

found an absolutely mint with box manual all accessories and extras yamaha pf 800 turntable this thing is a suspended belt drive table (ala linn / thorens) and is built like a tank, it has all the adjustments one could want as far as tonearm goes i honestly dont understand why this table is not more sought after i know it beats out every thorens i have ouned which includes td160, td150, td145, it compares easily with the sota saphire i once ouned.

i guess people dont like the tonearm for some reason but its easily as good as any thorens tonearm i have used and infinately more adjustable this had to be a pretty expensive table back in the day, and i certainly wouldnt want to pay for one built today

heres a couple pics

If anyone has any info / reviews on this table i would like to see those just for the fun of it

Joe

Beauty of a TT Joe!!! Congrats on the nice score........I guess that there is a certain amount of "snob" factor that keeps people from trying brands like Yamaha etc...

Thorns and Linn have the brand appeal .....guess you don't know what your missing until you try... [:)]

>Thorns and Linn have the brand appeal .....guess you don't know what your missing until you try... Smile

Amen to that. I want MUSIC appeal for my money. No point in a southern country boy trying for snob appeal.

Dave

Nice looking table. Didn't know Yamaha made such a thing like everyone elese is saying don't know until you try. Let us know how it plays like you looking for any reviews on anything other then Thorns etc.. Will hopefully envetualy be upgrading from Technics.

nick

initial thoughts are it sounds pretty dang good with the stanton cart, it came with a 2nd headshell and i want to hook up my grado platinum and see what that does but i need to find the wiring diagram for the grado.................she is a beauty.

Joe

Very Nice looking turntable! Especially with the red vinyl on it! I was using a Yamaha YP-B2 for a while and the guy who had it before me had the wrong size belt on it, so it ran just a little slow. I was going to order a new belt when I found my ELAC and have never looked back. I should get a belt for it and see how it compares to the ELAC!

Sweet Score Joe. Looks great!

Dennie

Running a Yamaha PX2 with a grado RS. Tercel Phono Preamp. Lots of old albums. need high end cleaning stuff to try to revive the old vinyl. I only have a couple of new albums but they sound amazing . The yamaha is top shelf as far as i can tell given my limited knowledge.I paid market value for mine.