going away

I won't be posting any more 'how to fixit' threads on this Commercial Forum. If you have questions please contact Klipsch Tech Support at 1-800-554-7724.

It's been fun but I can't see the point in continuing to provide support for Klipsch products here on the Forum.

Michael

Guest " "

Absolutely no point doing this on what's often refered to as "sun setted technology".....the newer klipsch technology is radically different...more diverse in terms of product offerings...and can handle kazillions times mote power than earlier models which were basically pumped up Heritage products.

Michael...I think you help because you are genuinely a good person...and I think you like doing it...it can sometimes be a bit of a bitter taste because of some things that happened but remember...you don't do things for you...you do it for others...there is a LOT of satisfaction to be had in that...

Bill

I understand what you are saying Bill, and I enjoy helping others here on the Forum. There is no way I would have stayed around here if I didn't. Remember that I recently worked at Klipsch in Tech Support for 18 months, which made good use of the tips I'd learned on the Forum and added to my knowledge base exponentially. I know you guys were happy to have a friend on the 'inside' and I enjoyed sharing in-depth stories about Klipsch history and speaker design with you.

I have to look at it from a practical business standpoint however. I've been unemployed for 11 months now. If I continue to answer posts at the rate I do, and responding to the nearly daily inquiries via PM and email, I'm helping Klipsch to do a job for free that I used to get paid to do. If there is enough call for another Tech Support person at Klipsch, perhaps they'll hire one.

Spending time responding on the Klipsch Forums used to be one of the job responsibilities of the (then) team of 5 Tech Support guys. How many posts by Klipsch employees have you seen in the General, Updates, and Tech areas since I was let go? Not many, right? I think it's important job that's getting no coverage at all these days.

I still think I have a lot to offer the company and it's fans. But I have to back away for a while for my own state of mind.

Michael

• Moderators

I am really sorry to hear about all of this, you have helped me and many other people and I really enjoyed your articles.

All that really matters right now is you, don't let the [bs] get to you, I had no idea you were getting emails and calls every day I could see how that could get old fast.

I have to look at it from a practical business standpoint however. I've been unemployed for 11 months now. If I continue to answer posts at the rate I do, and responding to the nearly daily inquiries via PM and email, I'm helping Klipsch to do a job for free that I used to get paid to do. If there is enough call for another Tech Support person at Klipsch, perhaps they'll hire one.

I've often wondered about that... Cynic that I've become it has occurred to me, some bean counter might be saying why hire him for tech support when he's providing it for free? I'd hope that's not the case but I'm not so sure corporate bean counter types don't think that way.

How many posts by Klipsch employees have you seen in the General, Updates, and Tech areas since I was let go? Not many, right? I think it's important job that's getting no coverage at all these days.

Not enough... though we have seen Professor Thump a bit more lately outside the headphone area.

I still think I have a lot to offer the company and it's fans.

I think we all think you do as well. Many of us think of you as Klipsch's number one fan. Still doesn't make sense that you're not still working for them.

But I have to back away for a while for my own state of mind.

Definitely take a break if it's dragging you down. Above all, your health is the most important thing.

Besides, you can always still stop in for more fun postings.

IMO, if there are tech support guys that man phones and are supposed to be on the forums answering questions, etc, then why isn't Colter working there? As was brought up, I don't see anyone else as prominent as Michael has been other than P. Thump, and Trey the odd time, but is Trey even Tech support?

• 10 months later...

Trey was the original Tech Support guru back in Hope but he's been in the engineering department for some time now. But he and Thump pop in from time to time just cause they're cool guys and they care about the Forum and the true Klipsch fans.

You know how we all feel Michael. Klipsch was lucky to have you.........Well, that's the understatement of the year. They should have been doing jumping jacks every day you showed up!

Don't do their job for them but still post. It's nice having you around and your comments are always great, whether or not they are support related. It is definitely noticable when you take a leave of absence. That's coming from a guy who needs no technical support! Maybe a little moral support every once in a while..............[:(]

Good Job Mike;

The reason I joined the forum at the time was there were so many questions going unanswered. But after I joined I met so many great people as yourself, I am the same as everyone, there has been no sound system that ever impressed me as the Klipsch line of home and pro gear. I go back 30 years with the company and I know I became a pain it their sides with my many calls about improvements in the pro line. I also would not call it " sun setter tech " , My KP 600 system is 20 years old and there is still not a concert system that sounds like a ton of K horns on steriods with subs!!!

Good luck in all you do and remember all else is BULLSH**.

Joey B KP 600