Grills, on or off?

russ69

Very nice pics, awesome speakers,it must of been very difficult to find a pair of LS in Australia, I know in Melbourne it is extremely hard to find a pair.

There are a lot of klipsch fans in Australia but it doesnt help when you type in www.klipsch.com and our home page is very different than in the united states and it doesnt help further when our home page doesnt have a simple link to the forum. I dont know what it is like in Brisbane but here finding a klipsch dealer is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

Great pics indeed. I would love to hear a pair of la scalas one day.. they must blow my 35's away to say the very least. imagine Indy's, doesnt he have like 7 la scalas.. I cant even imagine how good that will sound.

When I purchased the newer smaller Klipsch speaker surrounds and sub I noticed the grills were set almost 1/2" away from the cabinet with a huge pressure relief along the perrimeter. The grill I made for my Cornwall is of the same design and likeness.

JJK

Very nice pics, awesome speakers,it must of been very difficult to find a pair of LS in Australia, I know in Melbourne it is extremely hard to find a pair.

There are a lot of klipsch fans in Australia but it doesnt help when you type in www.klipsch.com and our home page is very different than in the united states and it doesnt help further when our home page doesnt have a simple link to the forum. I dont know what it is like in Brisbane but here finding a klipsch dealer is like trying to find a needle in a hay stack.

Great pics indeed. I would love to hear a pair of la scalas one day.. they must blow my 35's away to say the very least. imagine Indy's, doesnt he have like 7 la scalas.. I cant even imagine how good that will sound.

I didn't buy these speakers in Australia. I had them made & purchased all the drivers from B & K Sound (Bob Crites). You are right in that you hardly ever see Klipsch Heritage speakers for sale in Australia. Many years ago I bought a pair that were lurking in a store in Lismore NSW....& I remember seeing a pair in WA once....you just need to keep your eyes open. I don't think there is a Klipsch dealer in Brisbane, but the net can bring all these goodies to us much more easily. Yeah, imagine 7 LS's...must be awesome. That said, I think my LS's with a Velodyne sub pretty much blow anything else away!

with my reference speakers you can just see a hint of gold shinning through the cloth.. love it..

Yeah, when the light is shining through from the side the gold is illuminated through the grill. Just the right amount of visible gold woofage. [Y]

• Moderators

imagine Indy's, doesnt he have like 7 la scalas.. I cant even imagine how good that will sound.

I have heard it, and it is unbelievable, he has 2 of the THX subs with it. We watched the movie Open Range and listened to a bunch of music, it is the BEST HT I have heard yet, and it looks great also.

Either way Sootshe – I think your speakers look fantastic and can only imagine that they sound absolutely magic. I know how difficult it is to buy anything Klipsch reference and heritage line here and it is even more impressive that you went to such lengths to arrange for items to be shipped and then to piece it all together.

As for all La Scalas I think they absolutely ROCK, even though I have never heard them before.