HT Seating

RockOn4Klipsch

I'm in the market to buy some HT seating, because I plan on ordering online, most likely from HTAuthority.com I was wondering if anyone here had expereince with them, as well if anyone is an owner of the Coaster Paramount seating. Any info would be apprecieted.

Any suggestions of style or models would be great, not being able to sit in any of them makes it a crap shoot.

I'm looking for 3 seats that recline, storage compartment(s), prefrably dark brown or black in color and would like to stay around 1500 bucks.

Thanks guys

I bought my seats from them a few years ago, great experience. Not long ago I had a recline latch break, I called and they sent my 1 to replace the broken one and a spare. I know my seats are coasters but I don't recall the model. IO perfer them to the berkline because of the movement, my chairs will sit in any position you wants, some chairs will only sit in 1 or 2 places.

Mine are brown leather, I can post a pic if you want.

• Moderators

I have two non-matching sets of 3 chairs.

First set I bought from a guy on CL for $750. Stainless cupholders, electric recline and super soft leather. Extremely comfortable. One downsidel to electric is that if the motor goes, that won't be good and probably will be expensive to fix. Other downside is since it is very smooth reclining, it takes a few seconds to let them down before you can get up. The guy purchased them at American Signature for around $2300 new. They are the Aurora Series.

seats.jpg

Not sure the model. This was my second set I bought for the back row. Not as comfy, lesser quality leather and manual recline. New condition, bought from a model center for a home builder for $600.00.

3102676034_5134bf4c98_o.jpg

Even thought both have their differences, they are a great addition to the theater room. The last time I went to the movie theater, I noticed how uncomfortable "real theater chairs" were. Good luck in your search.

Thanks for the replies guys. I was particularly hoping to hear from you youthman, as I had seen your setup before and was curious if they were Coaster chairs. It's good to hear. The paramount chairs by Coaster look similiar to the"directors" chairs with the addition of the storage space between chairs.

Here's a link to the paramount chairs : http://www.htauthority.com/index_files/HTAParamountcollection.htm

I'd prefer to have manual recline vs the electronic for the reason youthman said and it's in the living room so extra cords are no good.

Brac, since you have the directors chairs, is there a gap between the back rest and the seat when you recline? This has been an unpleasent experience with what we have now. Also how is the head rest, the paramount sits 1 in higher than the directors. The Paramount is 8 inches higher than what we currently have which I have to imagine is much better as the 33 in we have now doesn't give any head support, atleast comfortably.

Thanks

-Stefan

• Moderators

I was particularly hoping to hear from you youthman, as I had seen your setup before and was curious if they were Coaster chairs.

I'm not familiar with brands of theater chairs but I did some searching online for coaster chairs. The Coaster Studio Home Theater Seats look like they could definitely be the ones I'm using on my back row. I looked at the closeups of the photos and they have the same seams and details so I believe that my back row are indeed the Coaster Studio chairs. I really like them but as I mentioned, it is definitely not as nice of leather as my front seats. It's coarse where the front seats are super soft leather. But functionality and comfortableness, they are great.

334575831_800_7563-Main.jpg

One big piece or is there some assembly required ???

When I got my chairs they come in 2 pieces, seat and back, typical to regular recliners.

I currently have a 2 seat setup from Berkline with the motor recline and I love them. I hope to get a love seat setup soon, but that might have to wait until next year.

James

Brac, since you have the directors chairs, is there a gap between the back rest and the seat when you recline?

not that we ever noticed, I just looked and when it is reclined all the way never mind here is a pic.

As far as head support, I have a pretty bad neck problem, and these are the most comfortable thing in the house.

Sorry for thr dirty lens.

post-28352-13819474783156_thumb.jpg

HOw are these chairs shipped ?? One big piece or is there some assembly required ???

Coasters are in a single box but the upright back part is unattached so it's a huge cube. I brought 4 home in a standard 8' pickup truckup bed.

Be REALLY careful when reclining in the Coaster chairs. I've broken off two of the #$%^&* handles off in the 3 years I've owned mine. Be sure your guests know NOT to have any weight against the back when they pop the handle for reclining. And you have to kick backwards pretty good to get the footrest down. So not the nicest by a long shot by comfortable enough and the price is right. They also have only TWO recline positions, footrest up and a little back, and lying pretty far back, nothing in between.

• Moderators

My manual chairs, you do have to kick back to get them to lock into place but mine do not have only two positions. Mine can adjust to any position. I just went and sat in them and counted about 60 positions by moving them back ever so slightly and counting.

Both of my chairs were purchased used so I am not sure how they are shipped but the backs on both of them easily slide up and are removed making it easier to move or load into a truck.

I hate to dissagree with Michael, but mine will hold you in any position, and are quite easy to lock. I did have a cable that was bad (it was much tighter than the other 2 from the day I got them, but like I posted sarge sent me a new one and a spare.