Empty LS cabinets, how much $ to fill them?

Last time I priced this out, with all Crites parts and the K400 horns off of ebay, with the k-55 drivers I believe, was around the 1200ish area. But never went through with it so I could be very wrong. Like James wrote your probably best contacting Bob and getting a better quote.

Nick

the orignal parts that were used in lascala's and khorns are pretty low end...and abundant on ebay....ball park for used parts are 100 for pair of tweeters, 100 for a pair of k-400, 100 for a pair of k-55's, 125 for pair of k-33's, 100 for pair of AA xovers......so for around 525 plus shipping you could buy all the parts.

If you are really starting from scratch then another option you have is make the LaScala a 2-way. Get the K510/K69 driver for small and "easy to hide" (cough cough) or if you want to throw the balls to the wall, get the K402 and set it on top. This is what I'm hoping on doing for a center channel here between the Jubilees.

It will probably cost you more to do this since you'd then need an active crossover. I don't know that Roy has created a passive for the JubeScala but maybe he has. I've got the active settings already programmed into my Dx, I'm ready to plug & play.

This also allows you to time aligne your drivers, solid state on woofer and tubes on HF if you so choose.

I realize you probably won't go this route, but I just wanted to make the comment in case it did catch your attention. I can just about guarantee you that this JubeScala will sound better than a stock LaScala. You're welcome to come by here and I can prove it since I've got 3 LaScalas laying around and a 402.

Crites woofers, Altec 902 drivers and 511 horns. About $900, plus an active crossover. This setup will smoke a standard La Scala in most cases.

If you intrested in going this route I could score some Altec 511bs with I thought a (little different driver but could be wrong) for about 400.00 a pair plus shipping.

Nick

Bob Crites Speakers

May 2009 Prices: La Scala / K-Horn Components List:

Pair of used K-400 metal horns. $200.00
Pair of CT125 tweeters $160.00
Pair of Atlas PD5-VH midrange drivers $275.00
Pair of CW1526 stamped frame woofers $220.00
Pair of Type AA crossovers $285.00

Total: $1140.00 + Shipping and Handling

Bob is SUPER to work with !!

Hank

To all that have replied, thanks for the info.

I was toying with the idea since I saw a pair of cabinets on the Denver CL, but due to cost, the smallness of my apt , and having a place to work on them, I dont think I am going to try it. The cabs look pretty beat up. I was going to post the link, but it is gone.

Again, thanks for the info.