Saw Little Feat the other night

mark1101

.............at the Melting Point in Athens, Ga..............from about 5 ft. away. Standing right in front of them. They were excellent. The Melting Point is a great venue where the musician is completely exposed. The stage is a "half moon" configuration in the center of the room against the wall. Everyone stands right in front of and all around the band. They have to walk through the crowd to get to the stage. The guys were very approachable as well. Really nice guys. They hung out on the patio and signed autographs and took pictures with anyone who wanted them to. Closed with Dixie Chicken. If you get a chance to see them it is well worth it. They still sound the same as they used to. I was surprised to see them in such a small venue though.

Big Little Feat fan here!!![8][H] I have seen them a number of times, unfortunately never with Lowell George.(A big loss for music when he passed away.) Excellent musicians across the board in the band and in concert they are not afraid to take chances with medleys and covers that are always interesting. last time I saw them they played a free show in Rockefeller Park in my neighborhoood and Dr. John walked on and played with them. Great show. Must have been nice to see them in a small venue.

Sounds like a blast Mark! I'd love to see them in a place that intimate.

I've been a huge Feat fan as long as I can remember. I saw them with Lowell at least a dozen times back in the 70s and was at one of the Waiting For Columbus shows (can you hear me screaming on the album?) and the couple shows on the WFC tour. I think they played 8 shows in 4 nights at the Warner Theater after the LP was released and I went to 4 or 5 of them. Seems they have always liked smaller venues and ALWAYS put on a great show.

These days we try to make it to Merriweather Post Pavillion when they come to town each summer.

BTW - A bunch of their early LPs are being reissued on the MOFI label. I have Japanese pressings of almost all their LPs so they are available if you search hard enough and they all sound fantastic.

I was in front of Kenny Gradney and Paul Barrere for a few of the songs. No one in front of me. I'm sure they wished for a pretty woman........but no.......they got me instead with a Terrapin Golden Ale. They were really fun to watch and they were having just as good a time as we were. Gradney is an incredible bass player. So effortless. Like second nature. The stuff he can lay down gets you moving and the riffs are so steady it is as if a machine is doing it. At one point Barrere commented "I hear there is really a Bogart, ga."........which is a town right near where I live. Guess which song they played next?

Sad thing is, they played right here in Fredericksburg just this past Friday - not even 1/2 mile from my place - but didn't bother to go. Just not a fan of them.

However, next Friday, Molly Hatchet is playing there, and I do plan on going to that one.

A friend of mine from years ago had them play at his last birthday party. As close as I got was the pictures in the Arkansas Democrat-Gazette.

Kickin' it at the Barn_ is one of my favorites.

SSH

I second this recording, "Kickin It at the Barn". Excellent sound quality and music. It's been in my "favorites" rotation for over two years. Love LF, wish I could have seen them in that venue.

Greg

post-11090-1381947542134_thumb.jpg

Saw them with Lowell George at the celebrity theatre in Phoenix AZ back in the 70s. Sitting on the front row- revolving stage- killer show- loved that place. Also saw ELO- Joe Walsh(pre Eagles) and many others. Wonder if the place is still there?