JubScalas who has them to ask questions

rmlowz

Hello,

I have the LaScalas II that I will be using the 402-69 horns on top. Can some of the owners contact me by P.M or phone I have some questions. What I really want to do is put the 402-69 on top of my 2008 khorn bass bins I am trying to find out through Klipsch if that is possible to do.

Thanks forum friends,

Rich

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rich,

I know of at least three likely suspects: Wrinkles, BHendrix, and I believe Islander are Jubscala aficionados. You could send them personal messages through the forum to get their attention if they don't reply here.

Chris

"What I really want to do is put the 402-69 on top of my 2008 khorn bass bins I am trying to find out through Klipsch if that is possible to do."

Probably. However, there is no passive network for that configuration. If using an active set up, you will need the settings. The guy most likely to have those is Roy. He may or may not have them. I suggest you contact him directly with your question.

roy.delgado@klipsch.com

Hello,

I will try and contact the owners of the JubScalas. That is the person (Roy Delgado) that I have contacted about using the Khorn bass bins. I did not know if I should have mentioned his name is why I said person from Klipsch.

Thanks,

Rich

What I really want to do is put the 402-69 on top of my 2008 khorn bass bins

On top of your Klipschorn bins?

Sure you can do it however I think you might have a hole in the sound? That was part of the reason for the creation of the Jubilee, to take the frequency response of the Khorn bass bin high enough that it could be crossed over to a 2-way speaker.

I'm looking for the picture...but it will also look a little more strange than the JubeScala. I think the horn will sit more forward on the Khorn bin than on the LaScala bin.

Well, I can't find the picture on my PC. Guess I never downloaded it AND I can't find Rigma's website showing it. I emailed him for it though.

We started crossing the K402 about 500hz. The Khorn crosses at 400 I think?

Now we're using 450hz so you would still have a hole from 400 to 450 if my thinking is right??

Hello,

That is the exact picture the I saw yesterday that gave me the idea. The same person built home made jubilees bass bins. You definitely have to be a woodworking craftsman to do that which I am NOT LOL.

Rich

Coytee might have something there about the 402-69 setting on top of the khorn bin. I have both bass bins if I could get the two programs to download into the XTi 1000s that I am getting. One program for the LaScala IIs and one program for the Khorn bins.Hear which ones sound better? I don't know if program is the right word. The learning curve is just beginning with one phone conversation already with Coytee. I will have to wait till I get the amps in my house.

Rich

Ok, I shoved my bass bins until they were tight with the corner. I then shoved the K402 until it too, was actually hitting the wall. measuring from the corner of wall to the lip of the 402 was just a hair under 26" so for conversation, I think you can use 26 and be good to go.

Interestingly, though I didn't measure it, the front of the 402 was maybe 4-5 inches back from the front of the bass bin. I know my bass bins don't go back as far as possible because I have some floor trim in the way (using 1x6 with some cove at the foot of it so I have about 1 1/2" of extension from the wall)

My Khorns fit further back than the Jubilees because the Khorns had those cutouts which went around my trim.

Have you actually ordered them yet? As in... they will arrive in "X" weeks? Or are you still in the final stages of contemplation?

(you need to get ahold of Travis....where is that boy...yacking in front of the Supreme Court again? [{][:-*][:-*][:-*] )

If you're using JubScalas, that is, 402 (or 510) tweeters with La Scala woofers, it's a tested and proven combination, with lab-tested settings for the active crossover (s). Using Khorn bass sections puts you in unexplored territory, which may sound pretty good, but it would be hard to know if and when that combo has reached its potential.

I'm more of a music fan than a hi-fi experimenter (there are quite a few on the forum and I certainly respect them and the things they've learned and shared with the rest of us), so I went for the known quantity and enjoy listening to my JubScalas nearly every day.

Hello ,

Coytee thanks for the measurments

Quote:

Have you actually ordered them yet? As in... they will arrive in "X" weeks? Or are you still in the final stages of contemplation?

I ordered the 402s-69s on Monday they will be here in about two weeks or so is what Klipsch said. I already have the 2007 LaScala IIs and 2008 khorns and some Heresy IIIs

Islander I am no hi fi experimenter by know means I need lab tested settings like you said

Rich

Rich

He uses the LS IIs for his rears and center channel. I suppose he could move the KHorns to rear channel but I think they would be too close to the couch and would not be tucked into the corners.

rmlowz maybe if possible try both bass bins and if you prefer the LS bass bin then you could sell the KHorns and buy two more LS IIs for the rear speakers.

Let me know if you want help moving things around. I have a tube DAC that I need to bring over and let you listen to it.

I'll give you a call.