rmlowz

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks.

No picture yet of both speakers. At the time I figured it would be a tougher shot with the backlighting from behind both speakers and not enough detail due to the distance from the speakers I would be required to be for a decent shot. I'll give it another attempt tho.

Can you post a pic of your 510 JubScala setup? It would be good to have all three setups in the same thread.

Aesthetically speaking, I thought the black K402 on black LaScala speaker worked out real well.

Wrinkles

Hello forum friends,

Quote:The "top" JubScala version, the K402 on the La Scala II bass bin: should sound great!

I will not be using the Khorn bins I was advised not to by Klipsch. On my part it would be too experimental not lab tested like another forum member said.

Wrinkles I will P.M. you my email address I appreciate your help. I already have the file I just got it today I do have questions. I will do the same as wrinkles I do not think I will take the top off off the La Scala II. I don't know where I would store the tops anyways.

Rich

I love how the 402 dwarfs the LaScala. On my home pc (here now, first time seeing that picture), pictures are darker because of my old monitor. I didn't realize that was a FULL LaScala. I thought it was a LaScala II and the top was off. I had to save the picture then brightened it to see the actual setup.

Looking good [Y]

Left and right JubScalas with Heresy III centre. This was before I'd had the Plexiglas stands made for the 510 horns, so the horns are resting on blocks of Styrofoam. The TV will be updated when the budget permits and the new technology matures a bit more...

post-23736-13819475719034_thumb.jpg

Hello,

Everybody's JubScalas look Great !! I can hardly wait. My XTi1000s will be here Tuesday. With a lot of hard work I could wire them so the amps would be in another room. I did this with a Behringer Amp that I used to have because the fan was very noisey. I was wondering do the XTi1000s have a very loud fan noise do you think they would be able to go into my A/V furniture behind the seating position with out fan noise distraction?

Thanks,

Rich

...My XTi1000s will be here Tuesday. With a lot of hard work I could wire them so the amps would be in another room...I was wondering do the XTi1000s have a very loud fan noise. Do you think they would be able to go into my A/V furniture behind the seating position with out fan noise distraction?

Rich,

My XTi-1000s pretty much run on natural convection (i.e., fans off...) unless I'm really rockin' & rollin' or I'm playing a movie that has a lot of LFE in it (like Iron Man on Blu-Ray, etc.)--and at realistic volumes.

I found quite by accident that mounting the XTi's on a rack (you've seen the picture) that is at a bit of an angle, i.e., the front of the units higher than the backs, makes a big difference in whether or not the fans run. When I had the four XTi's sitting on top of one another and flat, separated only by solid spacers, the two XTi's biamping the Jubs would turn their fans on quite a bit. Note that I can't hear the fans turn on (when they do)-- just when they carry on after a big passage until the amps cooled down.

Chris

Michael,

I added two Cornwalls last Christmas season and I had the RC-62 center (the biggest thing that my room could handle in front of the bricks). I'm using two XTi-1000s to drive and do EQ for room correction (leaving one channel idle for the time being). That makes 5 speakers when you add the Jubs...It sounds pretty good in HT mode...[H]

Come on by sometime for a listen when you're through these parts again...

A picture: http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/storage/4/1208197/Jubs%20in%20den%20with%20CWs.jpg

Chris

Hello forum friends,

Quote :

Rich,

I am only aware of the XTI fans being on twice in over a year of use. And then it was between songs. I guess you really have to push them to heat em up.

Wrinkles

WOW that is encouraging I do not play anyting past -15 db THX spec 0 db will blow me and my hearing out of the room.I guess that is because I have been enjoying that Klipsch high sensitivity sound . Thanks,

Rich

Rich, I know you're going with Xti's and that's great. Keep in mind that if you went with the Dx38 you could put any amps into your food chain. Furthermore, if you did something silly like look at some Crown K1's or K2's they are convection with no fans. you could mate a single K series with a decent tube amp and perhaps get the best of both worlds.

Just trying to spend more of your money frivolously for ya [Y]

Helo Coyree,

The DX38 has been on my mind many times this past week. As you know I do like changing amps. This will be on the list of future upgrades already planned out LOL I needed to start somewhere. The XTis will be used for powering some passive subs that are on the upgrade list also.

Thanks,

Rich