Feedback for Ki Choi

nu2toobs

I was looking for a Thorens TD-124 in the garage sale area a few weeks ago and Ki offered me his. I cut a deal with him and now I'm a proud owner of this piece of audio history. Ki could of sold this table on Audiogon or eBay for much more than I paid, but he'd rather sell to a Klipsch member at a lower cost, fortunately for me.

I rebuilt the motor and platter bearing, then bought a plinth from Jim in PA. I didn't want the SME II improved, so that was part of the deal where Ki could keep it. I installed a Jelco 750D tonearm with a light headshell for my AT 150mlx. I found out the cartridge was no longer working properly with in the right channel (who knows what happened there). I robbed my Koetsu Black that I had mounted on my Avid and here it is.

It gets up too speed after a couple revolutions, and it takes over two minute to spin down from 33.3 rpm.

post-27505-13819485750024_thumb.jpg

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have personally met Ki and been to his house to hear his different rigs. He is definitely one of the nicest people you will ever meet.He has a passion for all things audio and loves his Khorns. He and his wife are gracious hosts... I'll never forget my visit to his house.

Ki, I hope things are going well for you and yours!

Mike

It is always great to hear about forum sucess stories, especially when they involve a vintage turntable. [:P]

Thanks for sharing and adding to the list of one forum member taking care of another member![Y]

Dennie

Hi Mike:

It's good hear from you.

My day job had been tough - spending more time out of town than ever but I still find time to play music.

I got into collecting and playing with R2R machines lately. It's bee a lot of fun.

Hope you are doing well also.

Ki