A VERY BAD Duck, Update - its really not bad and an extra scoop too

Hey Steve. Sounds like you'll passing through Bozeman on your trip. I'm working on a project up north (see pic) but I'm usually back in town for the weekends. It'd be great to meet up. Lots to see around here. I'll PM my numbers.

post-17394-1381948604217_thumb.jpg

Sputnik: Hey, nice missle silo!

We are going to take 3 days to get to Texas. and will be there about a week. Between San Antonio and Houston area. Caroline will fly home on Friday or Saturday and I will head west the next day. I figure I can do the rest in around 2 weeks. I am trying to plan the route with approx stops. I am figuring 450 to 500 mile days, at that rate it will be around 12 days so I figured two weeks maybe a day or two more.

Steve: If you happen to be in the Seattle area any time between July 8th and July 12th, give us a holler on my cellphone. We'll be up in Sequim on the pennisula and we could drive down to the city and meet with you. If you happen to be in the Detroit area after July 13th, stop on by the house. The guestroom is yours for as long as you need it! Stay safe, Bro! -Glenn

<threadjack>

So when that rocket needs to blow, the missle defense guys unlock the chain so the cap flys off with no issues right?

Noooo, that's just a manway into the silo. Here's a shot of the blast cover - its' that big five foot thick ploygonal slab of reinforced concrete. Wnen it's launch time, explosive charges blow the cover and it comes to rest 400-500 feet south of the silo.

The white pointy thing is part of a sensor array to detect intruders.

</threadjack>.

post-17394-13819486077202_thumb.jpg

<threadjack>

So when that rocket needs to blow, the missle defense guys unlock the chain so the cap flys off with no issues right?

Noooo, that's just a manway into the silo. Here's a shot of the blast cover - its' that big five foot thick ploygonal slab of reinforced concrete. Wnen it's launch time, explosive charges blow the cover and it comes to rest 400-500 feet south of the silo.

The white pointy thing is part of a sensor array to detect intruders.

</threadjack>.

sweet, thank you, glad to see some of my taxes are going to the potentiality of the need to smite our enemies. Cause my pug can't defend me worth sh!t.

Steve: When you pass through Nevada on US 50 you will be driving right through Verna's birthplace where we both used to live: Fallon, Nevada, Please say "Howdy" for us! -Glenn