A VERY BAD Duck, Update - its really not bad and an extra scoop too

Well while I was in Indy for the unofficial pilgramage and while in the headquarters building I kinda stole one of Amy's ducks, well she really did know I stole it. well the duck rode back to Virginia on the bike with me and has been hidding out in the tour pack since I got back. Well today we went on a nice 300 mile ride. We stopped in Buchanan, VA to get gas and saw this cool foot bridge over the James river. Well I took the duck to the bridge and took a couple of pictures of the duck and a beaver we saw swimming under the bridge and then my camara flipped out and quit working. So I am saying that the duck broke my camara. Well Amy does call this duck "Devil Duck". I was going to take more pictures of said duck today but no camara means no pictures. I will post what I got. First is a Picture Glen (Picky) took out back of Klipsch Headquarters.

post-16814-1381948584499_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Cool looking bridge, and who is that bad @ss looking guy carrying a plastic duck ? [H]

You know if a bunch of bikers would have pulled over by you it would have been best to hide your duck. [:$]

There was a sign on the bridge that said, no more than 3 persons on bridge at one time, do not do anything that causes the bridge to sway and no running on bridge. But of course I had to see how much I could make it move (sway) which was quite a bit, Caroline told me to stop. Yea I guess I would be better to keep your duck out of sight in the presents of others.

Steve

Riding a Harley with your duck out is considered bad manners in many parts of the country.

...and I could probably write about a million lines about beavers....but, I won't. LOL [6] [;)]

If you want to try an experiment, you could toss the duck into the water and in about 2 weeks I'll go down to the lake behind my house and we'll see if the duck shows up?

I also happen to disagree about being seen on your bike with the duck. Just like wearing a pink shirt (me) or being seen carrying a pink pillow (Dean), ya can't do that if you are not sure about yourself and secure in who you are.

Put the duck on your bike and go to the next biker convention..... call them all sissys with the duck on your shoulder and simply dare them to knock it off.

Watch them quiver with fright.

Trust me, would I lie to you? After all, who's the dummy who carried a duck on two continents in his front pocket?

[:$]

well as it turns out I don't think the duck was the cause of the camara malfunction. I purchased some batteries from a store across the street from that bridge cause the rechargable ones went dead, well once I recharged them the camara now works fine. so it was very bad batteries not the very bad duck.

Ok here is another scoop. Caroline and I are headed to Texas on the bike on the 5th for a week, I will have the duck in tow so to speak. We have some family issues that need tending to. Caroline is going to fly back to Virginia on Friday the 10th and I am going to ride the bike home.

Here is the scoop....... I am planning to come back to Virginia via California. Not really a straight line but It will get me here. Picture this, Houston, Amarillo, Albaquerque, around LA, Sacramento, Eureka to hit the coast, Boise, Billings, Rapid City, Davenport, Indianapolis to return the duck to Amy, and then home to Virginia.

How does that sound? I am planning on tenting it most of the time and only stay in hotels when I need to wash some clothes. Unless there is a greatful Forum member that would like to put up with me for a night. (I would let you touch Amy's duck, ah hell you can hold it and take pictures with it if you want to) I have the route somewhat planed out and would not want to add any more days to it if I dont have to. I guess I really need to start another post on this but since it will invalve the Duck I figured I could start here.

Steve

Eureka to hit the coast, Boise, Billings, Rapid City

What a wonderful trip! Seeing Mt. Rushmore?

I was raised in Boise and have spent time in the last 15-plus summers seeing almost every part of Idaho (lots of slides). You'd be absolutely captivated by a lot of it. You could cruise past Craters of the Moon NM (and see very few cars at a time):

http://www.visitusa.com/idaho/attractions/thegreat-rift.htmhttp://www.destination360.com/north-america/us/idaho/craters-of-the-moon

And, if you had more time, cruise past Sun Valley to Galena Pass for a panorama of the Sawtooths (http://www.visitidaho.org/thingstodo/view-attraction.aspx?id=30936).

Galena Summit Overlook Photo

If you haven't seen the Little Big Horn battlefield, it's a stone's throw direct turnoff from I-90 between Billings and Sheridan, and WELL worth the history. Might be right on your route. Chip Watts has a trailer camp and "cowboy cabins" nearby: http://www.historicwest.com/

Larry

home_07_06.jpg

home_07_07.jpg

Glen,

We are going to take 3 days to get to Texas. and will be there about a week. Between San Antonio and Houston area. Caroline will fly home on Friday or Saturday and I will head west the next day. I figure I can do the rest in around 2 weeks. I am trying to plan the route with approx stops. I am figuring 450 to 500 mile days, at that rate it will be around 12 days so I figured two weeks maybe a day or two more.