Great songs to blast on your sub

justin_tx_16

hmmm this is what their site says

quote:

Shipment Delays

While we make every attempt to fill all orders placed, an order may be delayed or backordered. If a delay or backorder occurs you will receive notification via email.

If you do not wish to wait due to the delay or backorder, you may request a cancellation for your order, provided that the item(s) has not shipped. If we do not hear from you before we ship the items, we will assume you have agreed to the shipment delay.

If we cannot deliver your item(s) within 30 days of the order date, delay notice or backorder notification (whichever is greater), a cancellation will be processed automatically and you will receive a prompt refund for any unshipped portion of your order. Please allow up to two billing cycles for the refund credit to appear on your credit card statement.

Please feel free to place a new order, at any time.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ed so sorry about that. just did a search for lowest price but had never used this e-vendor. & i don't know if i even got it at my home yet. cwm5.gif

i'd suggest you contact the credit card co. & contest the charge. that may get a response from them. actually i'm going to do that now just in case.

sorry again. Redface.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Thanks for being concerned friends... I just wanted you to know why I hadn't said anything about it. They claim it has been shipped and gave me this USPS tracking number 0935440 ...but when I use it the USPS says no tracking service has been purchased using that number.

If they said it was backordered, that would be one thing, but avoiding talking to me after they say it was shipped over two weeks ago is not a likely story.

Maybe I will have my friendly kite surfing attorney give them a little call.

cwm34.gif

So, beware friends, and I shall keep you posted. -HornEd

Ok I can't believe that I haven't seen this thread earlier. Here are some of my favorite wall shaking music discs in no particular order:

CD's:

Steel Pulse - Hansworth Revolution

The Crystal Method - Tweekend (or any album really)

Various Grateful Dead Live CD's - Gotta love it when they let Phil loose and there is a good drum "space"

DVD's:

Bach Organ Works - Yuppers love classical too (well really all types of music THANKS DAD!!Smile.gif). This is amazing it is Hans-André Stamm playing the Trost Organ in Waltershausen, Germany.

Doors LA Woman - Actually this is a DVD-A but since I don't have a DVD-A player yet I listen to the DD5.1 track. Still great.

And for the grand finale I have to say Moby's Play - The DVD. I picked this up last night and it BLEW ME AWAY. The bass on the 90 minute Megamix tarck is deep and constant (make sure you are using the 5.1 mix not the 2 channel mix). The graphics are awesome too. This is hands down my new Demo DVD. Why bother with wimpy scenes like the Pod Race and the opening to Toy Story 2 when you can have this. If you like Moby's music at all I urge you to get this DVD.

Justin if you thought there was an earthquake here in TX last night this was why Smile.gif

Laters,cwm9.gif

------------------

...wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world...

My Home Theater Page

This message has been edited by eq_shadimar on 03-22-2002 at 12:31 PM

quote:

Originally posted by eq_shadimar:

Justin if you thought there was an earthquake here in TX last night this was why
Smile.gif

Laters,
cwm9.gif

Some day I am gonna make a surprise trip to your house Smile.gif heheh would love to sit in on some major bass. Bet it is awesome!

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

• 2 weeks later...

Horns for Horn Lovers! In my search for an alternate source for Pomp & Pipes (that still hasn't arrived since March 2nd after deducting $19.64 from my credit card... BEWARE V-STORE!!!), I have found what appears to be a decent source for all kinds of band music... especially wind instruments... and that HORNS!!!

They are West Coast Music Service out of Florida and they have been in business for 11 years. Check them out at http://www.westcoastmusicservice.com/default.htm

I am going to give V-stores one more week and then demand my money back and give these folks a try... unless, of course, someone on the Forum has found a reliable source with the product in stock. I have a tremendous desire to here Schwanda the Bagpiper... he almost made Disney's Fantasia 2000 album but was blown away at the last toot! -HornEd

"Pomp & Pipes" is listed as DWS-708 and is priced at $15.95/CD

Pic2.jpg

DALLAS WIND SYMPHONY - FREDERICK FENNELL, Conducting

KARG-ELERT: Praise the Lord with Drums and Cymbals; REED: Allelujah! Laudamus Te;

GIGOUT: Grand Chorus in Dialogue;

WILLS: The Vikings;

GRAINGER: The Power of Rome and the Christian Heart; DUPRE: Heroic Poem;

NELSON: Pebble Beach Sojourn;

WIDOR: Lord, Save Thy People;

WEINBERGER: Polka and fugue from "Schwanda the Bagpiper"

This message has been edited by HornEd on 03-31-2002 at 05:32 AM

thanks for the link ed. finally got back yest & will pick-up mail tomorrow & hopefully it includes the disk.

i never did reverse the charge on my Amex but will if i

don't yet have the disk.

sorry again for the hassle from my v-store link. i hastily did a price search & figured them to be more legit than they apparently are. Redface.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Not to worry, Boa, it happens. I was so anxious to get the CD that I failed to notice that v-store has no way to talk to a human being.

When you try to reach them by email you get an automatic reply with no continuation. They claim on their website that if you don't receive the product after 30 days that they may refund your money... but that assumes that the item was back ordered and not shipped.

Once they took my money and marked the item as shipped, they close the deal and I have yet to find a way to re-open it.

I am continuing to comment as a way to warn others. I appreciated the link when you gave it to me Boa, and in no way do I find v-store's throwing a curve create a negative reflection on you. -HornEd

This message has been edited by HornEd on 04-01-2002 at 11:17 AM

HornED, it is scary what can happen when you use a credit card online. I used to never look at statements, but I always at least glance at stuff so I know what is going on. A Consumer Reports study says that 18% of adults have had been victims of credit card fraud.

I always judge a web site and their contact info before ordering. I get all my computer stuff online, and if the site is amature and has no contact info, I go to the next one. Simple as that. I would rather pat $65 for a DVD-ROM from a big company in L.A. than $61 from a wierd company on the East Coast.

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

well finally got the mail after being gone to seattle/colorado from 3/8 - 3/30, & the pomps & pipes was there from V-store. got it playin now (review later).

i ordered it on 3/2 & the invoice says it was shipped the following business day 3/4. usps, metered media mail so no postmark. my guess is it arrived the day i left or so.

so no beef here w/ V-store. I was the 1 missing. cwm5.gif i thought i had looked it up somewhere on their site & it gave me a ship date as i was expecting it on the day

i left (w/ 2-4 days mail time).

------------------

My Home Systems Page

ed, here's the sign-in to check your order, if u haven't tried this yet. http://www.vstore.com/cgi-bin/pagegen/vstoremusic/searchcd/page.html?mode=order&file=/customerservice/login.spl

ears is right on! a lil into track 4 it really pumps some low cycle pipe organ. think it stirred up the mouse in the house (got a new super glue trap for him as he escaped from the cheap 1 last night (& i even gave him some choc easter egg cwm23.gif)). Biggrin.gif

------------------

My Home Systems Page

Boa,

Glad you got the CD,see(uh hear)what I mean now?

This track really whoops subs,I get goosebumps each time I play this CD at realistic volume on my Dynes and my Klipsches(thanks to te sub human sub armies).

Let me and others here know what you think about the whole CD.

As I said listen from the start at realistic volume(if you can)and then you will be able to have the complete picture.

TheEAR(s) Now theears

Can't remember the name, but track 13 off "Dre, Chronic 2001" has really deep loud bass. (at least to my ears)

I cranked it on the JVC gigatube system, and my shirt was blowing from 3 feet away. I would love to here it on a real sub that someone with $2000 to spend would buy.

------------------

Matthew

Klipsch Rocks

Thanks for your continuing interest in my plight, Boa. The link you posted is one that I have been using since the product was first overdue.

Following that link is a set of limited actions... non of which pertain to someone having been "shipped" a product and the deal marked "closed". The closest I have found is the "return" option which I followed over a week ago and tried to tell the story which includes that I have not received a product to return. No answer, no reversal of the $19.70 charge on my credit card. They charged me an extra $1.50 for living in California!

It seems to me that I have bought other things from v-store in the past without this kind of difficulty.

I am glad to hear that you are enjoying "Pomp & Pipes"... and hope to join you soon. -HornEd

ed, under the "order status" option, does it give u an order# w/ the "closed" status?

for order info it gives me the order#, date of order (3/2/02) & status (closed).

& the order# is clickable & when i click on the order# it gives me:

Pomp & Pipes! - Powerful Music for

Organ, Wind Symphony, etc

$15.18

$15.18

Subtotal:

$15.18

Shipping:

$3.02

Taxes:

$0.00

Amount Charged to Credit Card:

$18.20

Return an Item from this Order

PLEASE NOTE: Cancellation or return of item(s) may change or void coupon discounts currently

appearing on your order.

Item Status top

Product

Shipping Status

Tracking Number

Pomp & Pipes! - Powerful Music for

Organ, Wind Symphony, etc

Shipped

United States Postal

Service

Returned Items top

** THIS IS NOT AN INVOICE **

END OF ORDER

Contact Customer Service top

If this information contained above is incorrect, or if you would like to cancel or

return all or part of this order, please fill out the Customer Service inquiry form.

Home / About Us / Customer Service / Search / Help

Security / Your Account / View Cart / Checkout

Copyright© 1999-2002 Vcommerce Corp. All Rights Reserved

repid:,customerid:

------------------

My Home Systems Page

This message has been edited by boa12 on 04-02-2002 at 03:02 PM

Yes, Boa, that's just like mine... except for the sales tax. I filled out the forms, etc. The end result is an automatic email which reads, in part: *** This message has been auto-generated. No additional action will be

taken. To avoid receiving another auto-response, please reply to this

email and we will route your email to the best customer service

consultant to assist you. ***

That I have done several times now... to no avail.

But, I am still trying... HornED

Hold the phone!!! Success may be near!cwm34.gif

In desperation to but an end to this nonsense, I called the V-Store corporate headquarters in Scottsdale, Arizona and got hold of a live person. She tried unsuccessfully to connect me to someone who could help me. Apparently, my experience is not unique!

While I wait for a return call, I will share an number I was given to reach a live person. This number is not available on the standard V-Store website): 800 620-6034 1 Please note that you have to enter a 1 after dialing the standard 800 number or you will not reach a live person!

At least I got a verbal confirmation that their automated system does not have an effective way to deal with non-standard aberrations. In other words, they know that what happened to me happens to a small number of customers... at least by their admission.

I'll keep you posted on the saga of fishing for deep bass in the V-store pond. -HornEd