Jube Scalas Project A Big Success Thank You Forum Friends

rmlowz

Hello forum friends,

I finally got the 402-69 horns and the La Scala II bass bins all set up. My wife's health took a set back is the reason for the delay. I needed to help her she is getting better thank God. This combo is amazing highs, mids and lows spot on. I stayed up way to late last night listening. I have some pain in my jaw today from having a big grin on my face for about two hours last night LOL. I was a little nervous using the La Scala bass bins because I did not think the bass would be enough for me. The bass is clean and plenty for my ears. My room is only 15 feet wide x 18 feet long x 8 feet high. The whole couch listening area is the sweat spot now!! I want to than Coytee, bhenrix, Wrinkles, Roy Delgado and Dr Who who walked me over the phone on how to configure the amps. I could have not done it without all of your help. I will post some pics in the very near future.

Thanks again,

Rich

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats to you Rich!!!

I'm glad to hear your wife is getting better and I'm also glad to hear you are suffering lock jaw (smiling) on hearing your setup. I didn't think the JubeScala would let you down.

[Y]

• Moderators

I want to than Coytee, bhenrix, Wrinkles, Roy Delgado and Dr Who who walked me over the phone on how to configure the amps.

Is this a great forum or what!

Yes it is, I got to meet the Famous Daddy Dee......in person because of this forum !

Hello,

Yes this is a great forum. Thanks again everybody. I am posting from work, I will get the camera out this weekend and try and post them. I am going to a James McMurtry concert tonight here in Austin. I wonder if I should bring the JubeScalas for the band LOL.

Rich

Hello Cornman,

I am using a crossover that Roy Delgado developed and gave me. DrWho helped me download it into the Crown XTi 1000 amps. Someday you will have to come over and listen. I never made it over to listen to your Cornwalls. I have been real busy. I would like to here a pair of Cornwalls.

Rich

Ok, good news bad news!

Good news: Rich is heading to a concert tonight

Bad news: He's not taking any of us.

Good news: He sent me some pictures of his setup

Bad news: My (old) monitor here makes everything look VERY VERY dark so I had to lighten them

Good news: I was able to also resize them down a bit

Bad news: they might be TOO bright on a normal monitor

good news: I can repost the originals if my edited versions suck

Bad news: This good news bad news is getting outta hand

Good news: I'm done!

Here's the first of four pictures, I'll let him come back and give any details

post-15072-13819486843548_thumb.jpg

Rich, there seems to be a box below the LaScalas?? Did you do that modification of expanding the volume of the bottom section? How did you blend that with the subs?

You surely didn't to that just to get the horn higher? Lord knows it is probably high enough!!

Hello Coytee,

I really appreciate your help posting the pictures. When I first bought the La Scalas IIs I had a cabinet maker make a 6 inch black ash riser to raise the tweeter and midhorn to my ear level. It made a big difference. I talked to Roy Delgado about it and he said it probably will not make a difference to try it both ways. I don't know why but it sounds better to my ears with the riser in place?? Did you get the forth picture of the right rear corner of the room with the Klipsch license plate in the background? The subs are used for home theater only. I need to do more tweeking this weekend when I put the new Denon 4310 Ci in place. Off to the Concert.

Rich