Klipschorn placement

In placing a pair of K-horns in the corner:

Do they have to be fit to the corner, or can they be "toed out" or "toed in" for soundstaging due to room dimensions?

How far out from the wall corner can they be placed without adversely affecting the lower octave?

Do they have to be fit to the corner, or can they be "toed out" or "toed in" for soundstaging due to room dimensions?

How far out from the wall corner can they be placed without adversely affecting the lower octave?

It really needs to be snug in the corner. Also get a some of that foam pipe insulation to add to the tail board to get a snug fit into the corner. They really need to be placed in the corner to sound right.

They should be placed as tightly as possible and seald as seti recommended. But don't stop with the tailboard, seal the top of the bass horn, too.

It you need to aim them at your listening position, you can build false corners and seat then tightly in the false corners. There should still be a design on the forum.

I've had my KHorns for a couple of months, and went through the same question(s) when first setting them up.

I agree they need to be in the corners.

One of the other members suggested that if I wanted to toe them towards the listener and option would be to unscrew the top hats and toe them in. This way the bass bins stay in the corners. I never tried it.

The tight seal into the corner affects the 250hz~400hz region the most.

If you put backs on the speakers (as some here have done), you can aim the whole speaker (not letting it get more than a few inches away from the corner.

I've had my KHorns for a couple of months, and went through the same question(s) when first setting them up.

I agree they need to be in the corners.

One of the other members suggested that if I wanted to toe them towards the listener and option would be to unscrew the top hats and toe them in. This way the bass bins stay in the corners. I never tried it.

That is what I have done with good results, I just aimed the tophats at my listening chair and kept the bass bins firmly in the conners.

Jay

There is also the option of creating very solid, read heavy, false corners that can be rotated toward the listener. That, is wha I have done with great success. Regardless of your set up, the bass bins MUST be snugly set against the corners or your bass will suffer greatly.

Hi,

Tuck them tighly in the corners as other suggest then find some way of rotating the 'top hat' (mid and tweet) to your listening position. It can get ugly but boy does the sound improve! Even better if you move up to a tractrix.

Good luck