Amy Unger: Nine years on the forum!

Daddy Dee

Congrats Amy! I celebrated my anniversary date this month too. Cheers!Party!!!

...I couldn't have made this place what it is without help from all of you. You're what makes us tick!

Here's to 9 more Drinks

Happy Anniversary Newbies. :-) I agree with DaddyDee that Amy has been an EXCELLENT representitive for Klipsch. Prost

I'll have eight years in next week. All because Iheard and used some of DJK's LaScala clones in the early to mid '80s. It was a strange path to get here, but this place is like home now.

Bruce

Wow! I just noticed I signed up the week before you did. Like your photo but it should say "hotter" instead of better. Better is a given. :-)

I think your right especially that picture of Amy standing in front of that Khorn in a bikini, thats a great pic ! Stick out tongue

You're talking about the "House of Tidwell" bikini, eh?

It was a strange path to get here, but this place is like home now.

Although a longtime fan of Klipsch with Klipschorn's as my dream speaker... I'm a toddler around here...

I stumbled upon the Forum when searching for Hot & Cold outdoor faucets....http://forums.klipsch.com/forums/t/87749.aspx?PageIndex=1

in general with posts by Coytee, Tarheel who invited me over to barbecue where I may have posted (I am not worthy), Oldbuckster, and Jay481985 and a few other familar names but the ones mentioned including are strangly somehow connected in maybe a six degrees from PWK or just strange twisted kind of way that only makes sense here including Marvel and Amy.

Amy - Charter Member With Alea of the hertofore unknown ultra exclusive Small Ear Canal Society (SECS) (Sorry Richard, you are not eligible, nor am I even though my daughter with Amy are charter members and Alea won't tell me if there are more members ....) I hope I won't be sent to the chamber of small cubes for revealing that it exists but I think it was to soon be announced in Headphones. (I hope I got the name and acronym correct, it's so ultra exclusive I'm not sure anyone else including P Thump knows of it's existance ... until now.

Marvel (Bruce) - I spoke with him and his son a bit at the first Pilgrimage I attended and bought 1 or 2 live Kingston Trio LPs after reading about Bruce's learning to play guitar by listening to them and kind of looking for his California Bloodlines LP. My only prior knowledge of John Stewart was the Bombs Away Dream Babies with Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham which yielded his hit "Gold" which I have on LP. I'd heard of the Kingston Trio but no clue that he as a member for quite a few years.

Jay481985 - I may have spoke to Jay at Pilgrimage 2007 but I remember he won some headphones but had to wait for several excruciating months. And has / had RF83's in his dorm room. The Coytee of the 2000's? Though I think Richard had La Scalas and large JBLs in his dorm room. The RF83's might not appear as dominating as La Scalas being narrower but taller, but may also be deeper or as deep? So still a massive speaker (maybe even more massive than LaScalas for pure volume and mass in an itty bitty closet sized room... I'm sure quite popular room

Coytee - besides getting me here in a convoluted way (he does always seem to be the instigator / scapegoat [:o]) and providing the very funny moment with the esteemed Engineer Jim at Pilgrimage 2007 - Jay may have been there, something to do with Marie Osmond [:#]... Richard has sent me some spare small ear gels for the girls, and a couple of nice LP's for whatever we wanted to pay even if nothing plus shipping if we wanted.... I did send considerably more than the 99 cents to $1 I've been paying for my "Black Herion" fix (thanks Dennie, now people will nod there heads, so that could explain a lot not realizing it's referring to an LP which is kind of an antique to many.... and a box of CDs for shipping.

Tarheel - besides inviting me over to the Barbecue thread (I am not worthy) also sent me a nice box of CDs for shipping though I mised out on the big box but may have worked out better, some CDs that I really like.

Oldbuckster - RIP Rob - the Forums straight shootin' sometimes a bit cantankerous sounding sage of the Forum (at least to me) he always posted his true feelings without BS, maybe flashing a really big virtual BS button. Exchanging a couple of lengthy emails and as many being invited to drop in if I was ever in the area.... I'd hoped someday to hear The Neville Brother's "Sister Rosa" on Rob's Cornwalls and Scott. I returned to mother out law Saint Ruth's place the Friday after Thanksgiving after scoring a handfull of CDs and the Led Zeppelin 4 disc boxed set to find HarryO's post of Rob's untimely passing, and reading some of the old posts of Rob's people provided links to some of OB's posts incluring one from long before I joined here that the Led Zeppelin Boxed Set was what convinced him to switch to CDs. RIP our good friend... and though I think I should, I still don't get Traffic... though something tells me someday I will and I'll hear a totaly unknown but somehow familiar voice in my head saying "told ya"

(Coytee's got nothing on me on writing long ramblin' posts ...;. )