Is the RC-35 that much of a turd?

JakeThePimp

I have a couple of RF-3s and I'm looking to get the enough of a system to do a proper HT setup. I can pick up a RC-35 new for $140 but it seems to get mixed reviews. I'm not looking for greatness, just a good budget system. Is the RC-35 crap or would it go will with my RF-3s?

BTW, First Post, Just got my First set of Klipsch speakers a month ago....I see why thay have a such strong following, these things are excellent.

-JTP

As Cecca said welcome and totally agree with his comments, I owned rc35 for approx 4 years and really liked it matched to my rf35's. I now have the rc7 that i got for a price that i could not refuse. I have also read some negative reviews on the rc35 but you can not compare the the rc35 to rc7 as the rc7 is a much bigger centre speaker, yes the rc7 is a much better centre but it should be for the size and price difference.

• Moderators

The RC-7 is a behemoth, for sure.

On a side note, welcome to the forum, sincerely. You gotta love a new member that uses "turd" in their first post! Where will it go from here?

I thought that was funny also, and calls himself Jake the pimp [:D] stick around I think you will fit in well OR be on Amy's watch list. [:o]

Hi all, I am also a new member and the rc-35 is my first klipsch speaker. I guess I diden't pay as close atention to it's sound till I read some other opinions, but yes mine is kind of muddy sounding.

Time to consider a La Scala centre speaker. No point in going halfway steps... [;)]

Oops, your second post came while I was typing mine. With Cornwalls, you'll want another Cornwall for the centre, but a Heresy would be easier to find space for in most rooms.

agree with Islander - go full throttle now to save money down the track (re save on the resale to upgrade to LS)

we say here buy the best speaker you can afford (afford meaning what your budget allows, we dont want you to remortgage the house or anything)

I had an R-35 setup (RF-35's, RC-35, and RS-62's). The RC-35, for me, sounded like crap. I sold it and bought an RC-62 and for me, it was a huge improvement. They are essentially the same speaker, but it just sounded better and blended better with the RF-35's. Now, I'm all heritage, and I also say go all the way or go home. You will end up going the same route as I did - being perfectly happy with your RF-35's, then you will one day hear some LaScalas - then you will figure out how cheap they really are used, then you will have huge speakers in your living room. May as well go ahead and buy them now - it happens to the best of us.

• 2 weeks later...