This could be embarrassing

dtel

Whats the statistical data and actual probability?

These folks with unusual characteristics are relatively rare, but with the large number of people competing in sports, they do show up occasionally. As far as competitive sports go, the only question that really matters is whether most people with unusual sets of chromosomes can run or swim faster, or jump higher, than people with the usual sets. There's little evidence of much difference.

Hormone-altered athletes may be a different situation, like some of the East German athletes in the 1960s. That was just plain cheating, and it messed up the athletes physically and mentally, and the damage was permanent in some cases. There's been at least one documentary on TV about them.

Some body shapes are just plain better suited to win in certain sports, assuming they're properly coached and willing and able to train hard enough. Michael Phelps, and perhaps Usain Bolt, are just two examples, and it's just the luck of the genetic draw that they're built the way they are. Top basketball players don't look like average people either, but they get praised, not mocked.

• Moderators

Don't all females have a hormone imbalance?

Hormone's ? but something is out of balance for them, it appears to be men and other women, pets, clothes,air, water, well everything but it is mostly brought on by men it appears and of course really pretty women also will throw them out of balance ?

I know I am wrong, and it's my fault.

I have delivered several babies with CAH. When they come out, it is not at all evident which sex they are. Parents ask what is it? I am not able to tell them. Absolutely awful. They say, why not, should be a pretty easy thing to tell the sex of the baby. I have to tell them that we will have to do some testing and things. Very very sad and confusing for parents indeed! Then with some of these disorders, the poor parents have to decide whether to try to change the genitalia more to male or female. And they are horrified to make the 'wrong' choice. Can you imagine? What if the kid grows up 'feeling' like a boy who was surgically made more like a girl, or the other way around. It is truly heartbreaking deal..

Post was somewhat in jest. But some of his "gender confused" TV clips back in the day were really funny. He would tear "it" to peices.

Really enjoyed " homeless hollywood squares" and his new years party back in the free TV days. I also loved his stalking of Rosie Odonell( not one of my favorite people) back in the day. I do not subscribe to his radio show- I do not argee with him on many issues. But he is funny particulary when he is cracking on people that you do not like. As for Rush I will leave that one alone. Nuke bait for sure.