My plan worked!!!

Invidiosulus

A few years ago I built some shelf stands for my Heresy's.

Dimensionally they are the same width and depth as the H's but a little bit taller.

The bottom shelf was sized for LP's on the bottom with a small shelf the right height for DVD's just above that.

The shelfs have worked great and I've painted them a semi gloss black to match the Heresy's.

Here's the fun part,

When I was building them I joked to one of my housemates that since the speaker and the shelf now went together it wouldn't be that hard to convince a future mate that getting some much larger speakers wasn't that big of a deal since they wouldn't take up much more room than the Heresy's + stands.

Well,

A couple of days ago my beautiful wife and I were discussing my desire to build some LS bass cabs and midrange horns to go with them.

She mentioned that LS were kind of big, I reminded her that they wouldn't be much bigger than the heresy's and stands they are on now and that we could use the stands someplace else(like on the other side of the room for rear surrounds) and that the LS were even shorter than the current situation.

"Oh, That makes sense. And our living room is bigger than your dad's."

She also said she thought if I made them out of oak they would be beautiful.

-Josh

Good plan, I would get the cabinets built and move them in, you can always put drivers in them.

Want some plans for MWM cabinets, that will make her be really happy with the LaScalas.

[:D]

Yes, actually.

I'm not as likely to build the MWM's but I would love to look at the plans.

And dream of building some.

"Oh, That makes sense. And our living room is bigger than your dad's."

Of course your living room is bigger, now that you moved out of that chicken coop. Confused
Hey,

The remodeled chicken coop was a very artsy bohemian sort of place to live .

I'm also glad we are in a real house.

I miss the neighbors a ton though.

" Of course your living room is bigger, now that you moved out of that chicken coop. Confused

I miss the neighbors a ton though."

We Miss you too...................

They're just a bunch of clucking idiots! [:|]

Last night I took a roll of brown paper I had been using to protect the hardwood floors while I painted the living room and cut some pieces off and folded them into a familiar shape about 44.5" deep and 67.75" wide at the front and 32.5" wide at the back.

That size will really disappear into the corners[:P]