Beatlemania!

fini

Anyone else trying to contain themselves over next week's (9-9-09) release of the remasters? My mono box is supposed to arrive Tuesday (Best Buy preorder...I had a $50 gift card). Lots of excitement over this at the Steve Hoffmann Forums. Reminds me of the good ol' days, waiting for the original vinyl, or their appearance live on Ed Sullivan's Shoe.

I heard a dozen songs of the dealer sampler cd at my local record store, and I was impressed. No official word on a vinyl release, but it's speculated that may happen in November.

UKPvnLlG3gNvw91TMG.jpg

seti, in addition to the whole Beatles catalog being released individually as stereo cds, there is a stereo box set, and a mono box set. The mono sets have sold out for preorder (but there will be more coming). Originally, the official word was that the mono set would be limited to 10,000 numbered boxes. Well, they are not limited in number, but in time (they'll only be available for a certain length of time), and they are not numbered! The mono box is the only way to get the mono mixes, though.

You can find them at any online music retailer (Amazon, for example), bu searching for remastered Beatles. Check out the podcasts on the Amazon link for good info.

There are some retailers that have jump the gun on selling the discs.

I haven't been able to find any on the left coast yet.

I'll wait for the mono box price to come down some before buying, I think it will.

Yeah, you're right. Beatlemania, all over again. I'm excited.

jerol

I pre-ordered the Stereo set for a friend a while back. It now seems to be back ordered everywhere, stereo and mono.

Amazon had it for $179.99, but now they list no price and will not take any more orders for it. Music Direct is taking orders, but they are backordered and the price without shipping is $207.99.

Dennie

seti, in addition to the whole Beatles catalog being released individually as stereo cds, there is a stereo box set, and a mono box set. The mono sets have sold out for preorder (but there will be more coming). Originally, the official word was that the mono set would be limited to 10,000 numbered boxes. Well, they are not limited in number, but in time (they'll only be available for a certain length of time), and they are not numbered! The mono box is the only way to get the mono mixes, though.

You can find them at any online music retailer (Amazon, for example), bu searching for remastered Beatles. Check out the podcasts on the Amazon link for good info.

This is a bargain considering the prices I've seen for original clean Beatles vinyl at thrift stores and antique malls. I hope I can get these by Xmas.

Thanks

LOL not so old. Young enough to blaspheme the beatles anyway. Britains greatest group of all time? ELP of course. Cool

Ah! Theres no hope for you....but could you remember in future to use capital letters when writing "The Beatles". Would be much appreciated...[Y]

the thing is, george martin deserves as much credit for their lp's as the beatles do.

Later on he deserves some credit at least in the psychedelic years. If you want to go that far the EMI staff and engineers deserve as much credit as George Martin. If I remember right the EMI engineers filed for 4 patents based off of what the beatles asked for in those later sessions.