First published pic of my new Home Theater

Guest davidness

Guest davidness

This is my first (of many) posts to this HT forum. After a couple of posts to the 'Garage Sale' forum, and some Craig's List acquisitions, the new theater is ready for unveiling:

The highlights include:

(4) Relay Racks - All equipment is rack mounted.

(1) 52" Samsung LN52B750 LCD TV on a fully articulated mount.

(1) Yamaha RX-Z7 Receiver

(2) Klipsch RF-7 Front

(1) Klipsch RC-7 Center

(2) Klipsch RB-75 Surrounds (Cherry)

(1) Klipsch RSW-10 Subwoofer

(2) Klipsch RS-7 Front Ambiance (coming soon - to be located atop front racks)

(2) Klipsch ?? Rears - To Be Decided - Please make suggestions (Very Small, Cherry Bookshelves)

(1) Mac Mini XBMC Media Center w/Wireless Keyboard & Mouse

(1) MCS Fully Automatic Turntable (Made by Technics)

(1) Oppo BluRay/DVD Player

(2) APC UPS's including the massive 5U SU2200XL

(a lot) Middle Atlantic Media Racks: DVD, CD, and LP

(1) Complete control using my iPhone (Really Cool!)

(PS - Did you know that the Yamaha RX-Z7 can be controlled from your iPhone?!)

(Click picture for a larger view)

post-38614-138195000379_thumb.jpg

Guest davidness

I *knew* there was a thread out there for these! I had seen it before, but didn't see it offhand tonight (which is to say I didn't look too hard). Thanks for finding it for me.

And yes, it sounds excellent!

Guest davidness

Veddy nice. But how do you access the rear of your equpment for wiring adjustments, etc.?

None of the racks are bolted to the floor. Instead, they use a 'cantilever' base as depicted in the attached picture. The end rack with the equipment (and the VERY heavy UPS) is on furniture carpet sliders, and can be pulled out and rotated with moderate effort. Most of the equipment was added and wired at the same time about two weeks ago, and before the UPS was added.

The bottom line is that I can relatively easily rotate & slide the end equipment rack 45-90% counter-clockwise to access the rear of all of the equipment, and then rotate it back. The carpet sliders & the rack base(s) make it possible.

post-38614-13819500058948_thumb.jpg

OK, that is wacky- I have a very similar set-up, in no where near as pretty a package - tell me a about those media racks, metal computer enclosures, right? Tell me how you have those set-up please - I really need some help getting this stuff in an enclosure.

Looks killer...

Bruce

Guest davidness

tell me a about those media racks, metal computer enclosures, right?

Nope. Middle Atlantic Products & Raxxess make a virtually identical series of rackmount media shelves, available in DAT, CD (sideways), CD-Regular, Cassette, VHS, DVD & LP sizes. They can be expensive, but they are very heavy duty.

Here are two of many links to the products available on the internet:

Link

Link

I have some extra DAT & Cassette ones that I'll be looking to sell in the upcoming months.

Guest davidness

Are you using anything for ventilation of your electronics?

Nope. There are a few inches available behind the units, the side 'wall' is ventilated, and I paid attention to what I put next to each other. Temperature seems fine, although there are numerous options for rackmount cooling fans that I could use if need be. Everything so far is running fine.

ALso, there is a cooling vent high on the wall above the horse picture.

I will just add that I only play very 'cool' music, so perhaps that's helping.[H] (sorry).

davidness: Nice looking setup. It looks nice and cozy. I have an RF7-based HT as well and my wife and I love the sound we ae getting from it. Thanks for sharing you room with everyone and welcome to the forum! I am looking forward to seeing additional pictures of your setup posted here. -Glenn