KLIPSCHORN VERSUS INFINITY KAPPA 9

klipschnutsky

Hello fellow members , i am in a bind, i have a AR D125amp , krell preamp and cd player and originally pair of klipschorns. i recently bought a pair of kappa 9's on a whim...i am now deciding what to do, the ar amp will have to go not strong enough to run the kappa 9;s , hmmmmmmmmm, i love the klipsch but the sound of the kappa 9, should i stick with the klipschorns. anyone out the ever decided to sell their k-horns and decide later , no keep them........

If it's any help to you, I think Klpschnutsky sounds better than Kappa9nutsky

Just saying...

Big Smile

I'm going to have to agree with Coytee on this one! [Y]

....and there is a guy who recently posted in this section about coming back to Klipsch, he missed the "Rich Klipsch Sound". Here's the linky---> CLICK HERE (opens in new window/tab).

Dennie

Hello fellow members , i am in a bind, i have a AR D125amp , krell preamp and cd player and originally pair of klipschorns. i recently bought a pair of kappa 9's on a whim...i am now deciding what to do, the ar amp will have to go not strong enough to run the kappa 9;s , hmmmmmmmmm, i love the klipsch but the sound of the kappa 9, should i stick with the klipschorns. anyone out the ever decided to sell their k-horns and decide later , no keep them........

selling khorns is like getting a vasectomy.

yes, it is possible to reverse your error. but it is painful and costly.

To answer your question.

The Infinity speakers are very nice, but as you have discovered, not very efficient. I have heard and enjoyed them too.

So if you don't think you will miss them, then yes sell them and buy an more Powerful Amp to run the Infinities..............

Check with your S/O to make sure that your won't regrete this later..............but I fully understand.

Good Luck to you.

I don't know how big the Kappa's are but... I DO know that your Khorns tuck nicely away into a corner.

What this means is, you can probably do both!

[Y]

This must be like the 7-year itch.... something has caught your attention, be it a sexy woofer, sultry midrange or perhaps even the shrill of a tweeter?

When you come to your senses, you will still be Klipschnutsky!

[:D]

The easiest way to insert an image into a post is to use the
attachment feature.

To use this, start a new post by replying to or creating a new thread.

At the top of the posting page are a set of tabs lableled
"Compose", "Options", "Related",
"Preview".

Click the "Options" tab.

Under "File Attachments" click the "Add / Update"
button.

A window will pop-up where you can choose to upload a file or provide a url
to a file hosted on the web (must be on a webserver).

You'll want to upload a file from your personal
computer. Use the browse button to search your computer's file system for the
image* you want to upload. Click save** once you've selected the appropriate

I'm a huge Infinity fan, having owned many of their best systems. Parts for Infinity loudspeakers can be difficult to find and the Kappa 9 was not one of their top designs. I think it would be hard to surpass a Khorn system with a nice tube amp. Now if it was one of the top systems like a RS1 then you would have to see if the added cost of amplification would be worth it but not with a Kappa 9.

Thanx, Russ

selling khorns is like getting a vasectomy.

yes, it is possible to reverse your error. but it is painful and costly.

That there's funny, I don't care who you are. LMAO

Pete