Klipsch Cornwall II speakers

Betty

What are your amps (or did I miss them?)? It looks like very nice equipment. Some on the forum have ended up sorry that they sold their Cornwalls, amps, turntables, etc.

I can only suggest you be sure what speakers you're going to replace them with, before getting rid of them. Also, that you don't want to keep some of the other stuff.

Just suggestions.....

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

See, Betty? You're already posting like crazy!!

Your turntable is quite desirable! There is a forum member down your way (Jim Tidwell) who pines over selling his Denon (I think the same model?). He might be interested. Looks like your husband had good taste!

EDIT: I just sent Jim an email directing him to this thread.

Welcome.

They are talking about the Stereo receiver (with a Radio maybe), or the equipment that was used to Power the Speakers. By the Vintage I would think they are Silver or gold in Color.............. Big Square Boxes that are heavy (Dust Magnets)..................

Betty, can you take a picture of all the stuff? This might not be too bad if he had just one system (a lot of us have many systems...a LOT of stuff). Are the electronics still hooked together? The amplifiers (or the receiver) are what's hooked up to the speakers.

That is a cable box....lol....verizon.

I have several cd players, one is a 400 disc, never really worked well. I also have a 5 cd changer, I think it still works. There is actually another system in the other family room that he had connected to another tv with a dvd player and surround sound. Also plays music outside on the patio with indoor/outdoor klipsch speakers. I just saw that myself, didn't realize they were also klipsch.

post-39058-13819500672896_thumb.jpg

• Moderators

Cornwall's, amps, preamp, CD player another Ht setup and outside speakers, I am surprised you never got a marriage proposal ! MusicWink

Don't pay him no mind now.... He just ain't right!!! Cool

And he don't want to be.......................but you know it's true.

No marriage proposals thus far....men aren't interested in woman my age...lol Most available men my age are looking for arm candy and I just don't fit that profile. Too independent! I just don't know what to do about the system. Maybe I'll move most of it into the family room witht the surround sound, but definitely getting rid of the speakers....they're monsters!

Go the other way then haha...my fiance is 13 years older than me...an if I walked into her place and she had some Cornwalls and Carver gear...my jaw would have hit the ground. Seriously though...turn it all on and give it a listen...enjoy it while you have it...most people don't have stuff that nice to bring music alive, and a quick piece of advise...even though you are moving into a smaller place, wait till spring/summer to sell the outdoor speakers...no one is looking for them in october...TONS of people are looking for them when it gets warm. [;)]

No marriage proposals thus far....men aren't interested in woman my age...lol Most available men my age are looking for arm candy and I just don't fit that profile. Too independent!

But older women are usually more stable, smarter... etc. I'm 60 and my gf isn't too far behind (I'm smart enough not to tell...) She's just a little behind the age of my late wife.

Seriously, Spend some time listening to the system. You may decide to trade the Corwalls for some Heresies. Of course, some folks think they are BIG speakers, but they were normal sized in the '70s. I have LaScalas, which are like Corns but 24" deep. After a while they don't seem so big. [:|]

Good luck on selling the gear.

Bruce