Klipschorn vs Cornwall III

guenaels

When I bought my KHorns my roomate had a pair of Cornwalls (both '87 NIB from factory). KHorns win hands down (assuming you have corners, or possibly false corners, which I've not heard). We used to set them up with the Corns in fornt of the KHorns and play them both at once [H] YMMV

Guest David H

Really depends on the amount of room you have. The KHorn I believe like 6 feet of unobstructed wall on each side, and in all likelyhood the Khorn may need some updates. The Cornwall 3 is ready to go.

I loved my KHorns, just didnt have the room for them.

Really depends on the amount of room you have. The KHorn I believe like 6 feet of unobstructed wall on each side, and in all likelyhood the Khorn may need some updates. The Cornwall 3 is ready to go.

I loved my KHorns, just didnt have the room for them.

I thought it was more like 3' and it's not like they die with less. My current setup has my left wall currently ending right at the grill, and I've run them with one side partially against a window without major problems.

On the other hand I've moved to homes where the only room was WAY (read 3' separation) too small or without any usable corners and they pretty much sat unused for years but .... when I got to where I could use them, and many times I contemplated selling them, I was SO glad I kept them !!

I am currnetly using 84 k horns as fronts- HT and 2 ch- I have Cornwalls for surrounds

If you are goind HT at any point- BUY BOTH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you can only get 1 pair by all means go for the horns

IMHO- too much is made over the 6 foot rule on all sides- MY left ch is 2 feet from a floor to ceiling window and does great- If you have anything that resembles corners - go for it- or build corners for the money you will save. My 2 cents worth

I dearly love my Cornwalls- just cant hang with the horns.

Hi,

What are using for High fidelity?

I will have another system for HT;

Thanks

I use mine for both.

Klipschorns, because of the 45 degree toe-in, prefer corners on a long wall. If you have two good corners 18 to 22 feet apart, the KHorn will sound fabulous at the intersecting sweet spot (directly facing each speakers, sitting from the front wall at a distance equal to half the length of the long wall).

Thanks for your reply Russ,

Not easy to answer, I have corners but when I will come back to France, I'm concerned about the fact that houses are undersized compare to US...and it seems that it is a key point,..what do you think?

buy the cornwalls and don't look back. i had 14 cornwalls in my house at one time so that should tell you how much i like them.

• 2 years later...