Transformers 2 on Blu-Ray Distortion

searayrunner

How far away do you sit from your mains? I essentially have the same setup as you, mains are 9ft from listening position (non-dedicated room) and my mains were set @ -8,-9. I know it is subjective but +1 seems high. I just got the Denon DBP2010, so I will pick up a copy of Transformers2 and check for distortion.

I am 16 ft back from the mains and they are 13 feet apart. My speakers are all set close to zero except the left main that is at +1 and one of the rear surrounds is +1/2. The sub is at -2. These are what Audyssey's choose and what I agree sounded the best for my theater room. I have ran the program multiple times and it usually comes with the same results. I guess I have a hard time understanding why you would be at -8 or -9? I have always felt that you should be close to zero and adjust from there. Interesting what one might find acceptable and yet someone else can have a different view and it works for them.

Like Wuzzer said I think the sound I have been hearing is part of the soundtrack. I guess it’s just me being too picky as I have been told I do too often many times.

Let us know what you think of the Denon 2010 its on my list of must haves.

i have a suggestion.....get another copy if transformers 2, rent it, see if the same issue is present!

Bits are bits.

Actually, the first Transformers release to disc had some discs with screwed up LFE tracks for some reason. In that case, it was recorded at too low of a level. I remember a thread over at AVS where people though they had screwed up receivers, settings or subs when it was the disc itself. It is rare though.

actually, what copy of Transformers 2 did you get? There is the standard version and then the special "big screen" version. This one includes an extra couple scenes that were only shown in IMAX ( these scenes were also filmed with IMAX cameras and the ratio changes ). Anyway, I heard on another forum that people are saying they are having problems with the sound on that version. I bought the regular addition and I did not notice any distortion or problems at all. It sounded great!

• Moderators

There is the standard version and then the special "big screen" version.

I'm glad they did that. I think it's pointless to have it switch aspect ratios during the movie on Bluray. No one has IMAX setup in their home theater so why release it on DVD that way? Unless you have a huge screen, when it switches, there won't be an "impact" of what they were trying to accomplish by switching it to 16:9 aspect.

loved this movie at the movies, can't wait to hear it in my system. just picked it up today. too bad this movie got bad reviews, i thought it was awesome, story line and all. i think megan is overrated and would rather had the blonde back, but that's me.

it was mentioned eariler by several people about the distortion, but did the OP go back and set his main and center speakers to "Small" and the crossover to 80hz? i would think having the mains at 100hz (i think it was that) would be more of the problem then being picky. i would however say if you are new to Klipsch, you will deffently hear new things/ sounds in movies than before. even among klipsch series you will differences.

will post about the movie after i watch it.

I am running the fronts on large at 100hz. I guess it could be that but it didnt sound like woofer distortion to me. I would think they could handle such a low volume setting but I have been wrong before.

Yea the sondtrack does really impress.

Large at 100Hz? How does that work?

I have things set up this way.

Mains - 80

Center - 90

Rear - 100

Not meaning to be a jerk...but my system is fine and works well for me yet the original question was about the Transformers Blu Ray and at this point I am done defending my system and how I choose to use it...sorry

Have seen this disc a few times now and its in the soundtrack I am sure of that now. I guess when a movie's storyline doesnt hold my attention I tend to focus even more on the soundtrack then what I would normally do. Not saying its a bad movie..its good for what it is. My kids love it.

from i can tell it's the Transformer sound, the first one has the same opening sounds. this is a mute point, as you have already guessed that.

quick question about your Hz settings, and i am not judging, why do you have them set that way? did you go through and listen to different settings and liked that particular combination? just curious, usually it sounds best to have everything at 80hz. the mains depending on what speakers and gear, people like those to go lower. mine are set to 60hz, but the center and surrounds are at 80hz.

not judging, just asking.