Lacewood Heresies

Anyone seen lacewood heritage speakers other than on manufacturers photos? Here are Lacewood Heresy speakers on ebay and I wonder how they look in an actual livingroom as compared to these pics.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Klipsch-Heresy-III-Stereo-Speakers-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ390110795107QQcategoryZ3276QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp4340.m263QQ_trkparmsZalgo%3DSIC%26its%3DI%252BC%26itu%3DUCI%252BIA%252BUA%252BFICS%252BUFI%26otn%3D10%26ps%3D63

The pictures make them look quite bright imo but maybe they are nice in person.

The fact that the risers are missing (which the III's come with...) and no mention of the factory warranty raises a flag for me. Perhaps Amy can clarify if he's an authorized dealer. If I'm not mistaken, an authorized dealer is supposed to sell them complete (with the riser...) and at a specific retail price. I'm not sure that $1099 is the current "retail" price. Just my thoughts, as I'd hate to see a forum member take a chance and end up with an expensive pair with no warranty.

If I'm not mistaken, an authorized dealer is supposed to sell them complete (with the riser...) and at a specific retail price.

Authorized dealers can certainly sell speakers for less than MSRP. I'm not sure if they can advertise them for less. Come to think of it however, I have seen Vanns (an authorized dealer) advertise sale prices online that were less than MSRP.

In the add, it mentions that there are no risers. Risers are sent with the speakers from the factory. If they are in the "factory sealed cartons" wouldn't there be risers included? Also there is no mention of a warentee. I'm not saying that he's "not" and authorized dealer, it just seems suspicious to me and I would like just a little clarification before sinking whats left of grandmas estate into a new pair of beautiful, if but expensive new speakers.

David

I saw some 60th Anniversary Khorns with lacewood veneer and thought it looked very nice. Not my fav veneer, but that's a subjective thing.

I also saw the 60th anniversary Khorns and was a little underwhelmed by the Lacewood. It was nice and would go with most home decorations.

Interesting.... Heresy III's in Lacewood. That's a custom order. I wonder what the story is on those.

I have seen the 60th Anniversary Klipschorns with Lacewood and it is quite stunning though not my favorite.... I think that'd have to be the Macassar Ebony.

Well I sent the seller a mesage asking him if they would come a manufacturers warranty. I'm leaning more towards just buying a pair with Walnut or Cherry finish. $100 cheaper and having the risers included is the better deal I think.

Does anyone have pictures of Heresy III's in either of these veneers? I don't like the pictures that are on Klipsch's web site. Pictures of speakers in actual set-ups are much better in my opinion.

Thanks for posting the pictures Rich and Russ. They are both VERY nice looking. I think I would be very happy with the cherry finish which is what I was leaning towards.

Can anyone else post a good picture of a Walnut finished recent heritage product. I include all heritage speakers assuming that Klipsch uses the same veneer for current products. If anyone knows better please chime in.

I'm
wondering if anybody has heard anything from Klipsch (or otherwise) about these
Heresy speakers on eBay. The seller offering them always seems to have several
sets of H3's for sale at $999. I'm still planning on getting a set of H3's (preferably
cherry - lacewood is kind of blah, if you ask me), but am afraid to take the
chance of saving a little money and ending up with a product not supported by
the company.

I
once emailed this seller, and he claimed that these do come with a factory warranty,
and "of course" they still have the serial numbers on them. That did
little to assure me, however, and I never bothered.

Of
course, saving up for the "real thing" straight from Hope is the best
way to do things, but these little suckers are an expensive purchase at
$1600/pair plus tax and shipping.

The seller now has black and cherry Heresy III's back up for sale, so I emailed to ask a) what the "catch" was (i.e., if they were mismatched veneers, bought from Klipsch below MSRP, etc.). I also asked for the name of his company and whether or not he has been authorized by Klipsch to sell these. If I actually do hear back, I'll post the answer.....

Amy, if you're reading this, can you chime in? Are pairs of new H3's priced this low legit, or are the definitely grey market?