What are these worth?

66mustang

Welcome to the forum. Of course, CECAA850 is pulling your leg.

Depending on condition and location there is a pretty broad price range. Shipping is a bear on those big rascals, but LaScala are classic speakers and very nice indeed.

I'd suggest to browse Ebay and Ebay completed auctions to get an idea about what they are selling for lately. Ebay pretty much sets the market value which does fluctuate some.

There is a garage sale section to this forum, which could also be a source of info and a possible place to sell them, should you decide to do so.

Also, don't take to heart any crank posters you may run across! [;)]

If you've got the floor space, they are awesome sounding speakers.

Yes, that was probably an "S" instead of a 5. Everyone makes that mistake. Well, Klipsch rookies anyway.[;)]

Unmodified Lascalas of that era are generally worth $400 (dinged up pretty good) to $1000 (mint) these days. Prices are down due to the economy. It's much easier if you find a local buyer. They're heavy buggers as I'm sure you've figured out. Sometimes you can find a buyer here, otherwise Craigslist, Ebay or Audiogon.

Post some pictures here and see what happens.

Good luck.

Ok -I found 10 million dollars in a dumpster after a local bank robbery. I need a trusted friend to keep it safe for me. I will drop by your house and pick up the speakers and your bank account number. I will transfer the money to your account within 48 hours. you will recieve a 30 % commission for keeping it safe for me- plus I haul off the speakers for free- no charge to you. Do we have a deal????[:D]

Ok -I found 10 million dollars in a dumpster after a local bank robbery. I need a trusted friend to keep it safe for me. I will drop by your house and pick up the speakers and your bank account number. I will transfer the money to your account within 48 hours. you will recieve a 30 % commission for keeping it safe for me- plus I haul off the speakers for free- no charge to you. Do we have a deal????Big Smile

I am getting a lot of these emails and Skype discussions lately. Exept they all are located in Africa. Is that where you live also Win?