It's official: As of December 31st, I am laid off. "Crappy New Year!"

picky

I wish you well, keep hitting those bricks.....

Not knowing what you are looking for, I can only add this http://www.lockheedmartinjobs.com/jobsearch_all.asp but if you or any of the other members by chance have some Lockheed P-3 maintenance or Industrial Security experience then please send me the resumes. I am hiring in Corpus Christi TX.

Glenn,

Sorry to hear this. Please let me know if I can be of help.

I suppose that leaving the great state of Michigan is not something you would relish, even if it expanded your opportunities. What about leaving the Detroit area? Let me know what you'd consider; I might know someone, or know someone who knows someone, etc. Please call me.

You and Verna take care.

Neil

Gosh, you all are so wonderful. Thanks so much for your kind words of encouragement and hope. I'm actually doing okay. I never thought I'd be able to sleep but I think having been well-prepared mentally for this before hand is a huge asset. I thank my manager for the early warning some time ago that this was coming. I know what you mean when you say it's better than not knowing until it happens. So many of my friends found out that way (last-minute) over the past few years. It's not a pretty thing to watch, much less go through. Those poor people. I feel bad for anyone who's been laid off. This is my first time ever, and I've been in this business for 30 years. I guess I am not bitter about it because it's not personal.

It was asked what it is that I do: Without sitting here and reciting my complete resume (and boring the crap out of everybody), suffice it to say that I have been working in IT (Information Technology) for about 9 years as a Software Support Analyst and Web Developer (among many other things). In just the last 2 years I have added Project Management to the mix. I also have about 20 years' experience as a CAD Product Designer and specializing in chassis and suspension design, automotive interior design and plastics design. I have 6 years experience as an Automotive Interiors Launch Engineer. All of this occurred over the last 30 years and many of the jobs overlapped so I have been wearing two or three hats at a time, which explains the hair loss. LOL

We won't bother going into my other "careers" as a firefighter, sound engineer, musician and auto mechanic, or the fact that I used to hang bombs on fighter jets in the Navy. I only talk about those jobs over a few beers. LOL

I think that Verna and I will be fine for a while, but I am hitting the job search really hard starting this weekend, Several friends have already given me some tips on good places to look around here. I hope we don;t have to relocation because we'd like to stay here in the Detroit area as it is close to our kids and grandkids not to mention our circle of friends. It was asked if I'd like to work for Klipsch? Of course I would! I've mentioned that a few times over the past few years. I realize that would require a move to Indy, but the good part is that we like the area and we now have some good friends living there! Thanks again everyone; my chin is in the "UP" position thanks to you! - Glenn

Glenn,

I'm sory to hear about this! You have a very impressive resume of talents and experiences that you can use in some pretty cool jobs. I'm sure it'll happen for you. Y'know, you and Verna could take some time to visit friends and relatives out west...(hint-hint)!