Are there different grades of RF-7s

Vonrebel

On the back of my newly purchased Klipsch RF-7s there is a Klipsch factory sticker. This Klipsch factory sticker is stuck on the back of the speaker, located on the top right hand cornner.

As some of the members here may already know I have reletively zero knowledge of audio, yet have recently purchased a New in the box, complete RF-7 speaker system. Some of the members have responded to past questions, who I'd like to Thanks at this time. Thank You all for responding and help.

My most recent concern now is the factory sticker on the back of my RF-7s. The sticker says max input pwr 150 Watts.

All the information on specs I have read, all say 250 max watts. As well as other RF-7s speaker I have looked at, their stickers all say 250 max watts. Yet mine say 150 watts.

Should I be concerned that these RF-7s are some how inferior, miss printed or worse some type of refurbished speaker?

This sticker states:

s/n 01360673

max input pwr: 150 watts

On all the RF-7 speakers I have looked at say:

max input pwr: 250 watts

Are there different levels or grades of the RF-7s?

How can one say 150 watts and others sat 250 watts??

As this is seems like a huge diference

Yeah.

Klipsch does that for a reason. The answer to your question is no. There is only one RF-7. What you are looking at is continuous power vs max power. The speaker will do 150W continuous, and I would say more as long as the signal is clean. Max power is the peak power rating. Listening to home theater program material is very peaky in terms of the output power demand from the amp. The RF-7 is designed for use with a home theater application, and like any good speaker designed for such program material should have a large gap between the continuous power handleing and the max power handleing. Think of it as a shock absorber.

------------------

MM

Marathon Man

All the RF-7s I have seens so far, their stickers all say max input pwr 250 watts.

Yet on the set of RF-7s I have my sticker says

max input pwr 150 watts.

I am talking about ans comparing the stated max input pwr only. As this is the only spec given on the back of the RF-7s on the factory sticker.

Maybe some of the other memners who have recently purchased RF-7s could take a quick look on the back of there speakers and see what watts their Klipsch factory stickers say?

This pulled from the Klipsch product spec sheet on the RF-7:

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 32Hz-20kHz±3dB

SENSITIVITY: 102dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER HANDLING: 250 watts maximum continuous (1000 watts peak

I am not sure why the sticker says contrary. Maybe your speakers got the wrong sticker.. could happen..

Your right maybe someone who also owns the speaker can compare.

hey you may have a collectors item some day. The only pair of RF-7's with an incorrect lable. LOL got to find humor in this stuff or you will go crazy.

good luck.

------------------

MM

Wait a minute what is this mumbo jumbo?What the...

I have RF-7's too(one of the first to get them)the stickers on the back say Max.Input Pwr. 250W

My RC-7 sticker says Max.Input Pwr. 200W and my RF-5's have a Max.Input Pwr. of 150W

These are not peaks,as peaks are much higher.

So what is wrong?I think the Klipsch sticker boy was tired and dizzy. cwm27.gif

I would not worry,just to be sure e-mail Klipsch

TheEAR(s) Now theears

hey this may be a dumb question but does the sticker actaully say RF-7?? I dont mean to make matters worst by asking.. Im sure its a mistake. I have RF-5's and they are rated at 150 continuous to 600 peak.

FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 34Hz-20kHz±3dB

SENSITIVITY: 99dB @ 1watt/1meter

POWER HANDLING: 150 watts maximum continuous (600 watts peak)

You said you got the speakers in the box?? was the box open? where did you make the purchase?

Below are the Dimensions of the RF-5:

DIMENSIONS (H x W x D): 41.5" (106.2cm) x 9" (23cm) x 14.5" (37cm)

WEIGHT: 60 lbs. (27.2kg)

The RF-7 also has 10" drivers as opposed to 8".

The two

If they are turley RF-7's Im sure the sticker is wrong, but

------------------

MM

von

I wouldn't sweat it!

Before I got my 30/watt/channel tube amp I ran my KLF-30's with a 200/400 watt/channel amp without any obvious stress on the speakers.

The KLF's and the RF's are similar in their power handling characteristics.

In any event your RF's will rarely,(if ever),cause your amp to put out anything near THEIR power handling capabilities.

So within the bounds of sanity and your local noise by-laws crank them up and enjoy. If you have a decent amplifier and don't crank it beyond about 2:00 on the volume control you have no reason for concern. I would caution you however that anything beyond the 2:00 position may cause your next door neighbour's cat to suffer ear bleeds.

------------------

It is meet to recall that the Great Green Heron rarely flies upside down in the moonlight - (Foo Ling ca.1900)

This message has been edited by lynnm on 03-09-2002 at 10:18 PM

The local Klipsch dealer, says as LynnM suggested, for me not to sweat it. For the amount of money I think I should be sure.

TheEar, it is confusing and I admit I know almost zero about audio, but I'm sure I can read the sticker.

The local dealer did match the lowest internet price, so may be they sold me refurbished or B grade speakers as new. Because as far as I could tell these speakers were unopened and new in the box.

Maybe Klipsch has rated them differently. A possible date of production ink stamped on the box is

Oct.9, 2001.

I have emailed Klipscsh but who knows when I may hear back.

On both speaker stickers, say the following

RF7 BLACK

S/N RF7BK

impedence 8 ohms

max input pwr 150 watts

wait, it says RF7 on the sticker, and then it says 150W?

if that's so, then it's a typo.

but if it doesn't say RF7 on the sticker, either it's the wrong sticker or the wrong speaker.

check the product pictures to see whether you actually have RF7s and not RF5s.

------------------

http://members.fortunecity.com/sebdavid - go laugh at my crappy website/equipment

http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mc.asp?alias=Sebdavid - go laugh at my puny little DVD collection

Hey, were here to help.

We don't want you to have crappy, piraated speakers that you paid big $$$ for and wonder why they sounded, "OK"

It all looks legidimate.

Just LOOK at the speaker. Does it LOOK like a $2,000 pair of speakers, or does it look cheap!

------------------

Receiver: Sony STR-DE675

CD player: Sony CDP-CX300

Turntable: Technics SL-J3 with Audio-Technica TR485U

Speakers: JBL HLS-610

Subwoofer: JBL 4648A-8

Sub amp: Parts Express 180 watt

Center/surrounds: Teac 3-way bookshelfs

Yes, it sucks, but better to come. KLIPSCH soon! My computer is better than my stereo!

No doubt these are Klipsch RF-7s, two 10 inch woofers...plus have seen the RF-5s.

All that remains a mystery is the Klipsch factory sticker stating max input pwr 150 watts.

I was wondering if Klipsch may have reworked the specs on the RF-7s or something???

Thats the trouble with forums.. you cant see what someone else is talking about. Chill Ear Smile.gif. I just wanted to make sure the guy got what he purchased.

At any rate Vonrevel I hope your speakers turn out to the RF-7's you intended to buy.

------------------

MM

This message has been edited by Marathon Man on 03-10-2002 at 09:04 AM

Very Well, Monday I shall contact Klipsch and attempt to corespond with Trey. Will report back to the forum upon my finding the answer.

As always, Thanking fellow Klipschters for taking the time to read, respond and address our concerns is appreciated. Marathon man, mike stehr, kenratboy, lynnm, edster, theear, & EdHorn Thanks

What is this BS?

Seriously,the twin 10" mid-woofers can take way more power then the twin 8" mid-woofers.

What is wrong with the RF-7?

BobG,KLIPSCH WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY TO THIS

Did you discover the RF-7's cant take the goods or is your sticker boy drunk?

Dont try to duck this one,I will post it all over if its not answered in a proper way.

Now were are Klipsch's little helpers when we need them?

BobG did you read this?Sure you did

TheEAR(s) Now theears