KLF-20 vs Heresey II

boobird

I'm debating Klipsch Heresy II ($425) vs. Klipsch KLF-20 ($300). These are my first speakers ever. I just bought the Denon 790 receiver, which i hope can handle either of these speakers.

What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards the KLF-20 because the Heresy's are older than me! If i get the KLF-20, I may or may not get a center speaker. I know the c7 is the way to go, but how do these compare?

Center:
KSP-C4
KSP-C6 (9, 5.0)
KLF-C7 (52, 4.96, $300)
KSF-C5 (22, 4.9, $100)
KSC-C1 (42, 4.8)
RC-3 (61, 4.85, $100)
RC3-II (5,5.0,$150)
RC-35 (19, 4.58, $160)
RC-10 (2,5.0, $175)
RC-7 (18, 5.0, $350)

Like Groom said listen to each if you can.

$425 for Hersey II's seems high to me unless they are located very close to you. I bought mine 2 yrs ago for $250.

second!

$425 is on the high end. i was offered a pair of Heresey II in great conditions for $300, decided to pass. didn't really needed it.

Go with the Hereseys, and tell me the name of the guy selling the 20's for 300 bucks.

I suggest buying the 20's.If you don't like em',sell em' for $6-700 and buy some H2's for about $300.

KLFc7 for center.I use an rc3II which suits me fine but if I ever find a deal on a c7 I'm on it.

KLF-20 are going to give you a TON more bass than the Heresy. Plus, they're huge and have a huge cool factor to go along with that.

Hold out for a KLF-C7 for the center. Its better to get one that matches than to get one simply for the sake of getting one.

I agree; around here KLF 20's go $700 or higher...... Heresies $300-$400.....

That said; I love my Heresies and cannot see myself going back to non Heritage... (I had KG 2.5's before the Heresies)....

Bring on the CornWalls!!!! (Oh wait; I would have nowhere to put them as my GF will have thrown me out!!!!! )

Good Luck!