Boise State and TCU

LarryC

I called this "The Exile Bowl": Two good teams in exile, who we wouldn't want the general public to think might have a shot at the National Championship. So what's the answer? Have them play EACH OTHER, in "exile", so that they don't go beating someone like Alabama and get too big for thier britches, and expose the real flaws in the "B © S".

Too bad there's not a college football playoff. I would love to see Boise State knock off an overrated program like Texas. They've already humbled mighty programs like Oklahoma (remember the Statue of Liberty play?) and more recently, Oregon, in a blowout.

Why isn't there a playoff? Money, that's why.

Next year, when Boise State returns ALL but one player, they may go undefeated again. Of course, they will get screwed again.

Anyway, I see Alabama over Texas. Big.

Why isn't there a playoff? Money, that's why.

Solution: Eliminate Nat'l championship game. Take the winners from the four B © S bowls (Orange, Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, and on New Year's Day please) and have those four teams play a "Final Four" on NFL conference championship weekend (Saturday), then a National Championship over the following weekend (the weekend between Conf Champ and Super Bowl) or otherwise aligned with NFL schedules. This could be done without upsetting ANY of the other bowl opportunities the downlist teams go to OR the good that exists in the regular college season, and allow teams that truly earned a right to compete the opportunity to prove it on the field.

NO scenario like Villanova/Georgetown or Houston/NC State in college hoops could ever happen in college football, and I think college football suffers a bit from what it could be because of it. There's no real "finality" in college football. In every other sport, you can say "SCOREBOARD" determines the champion. In college football we end up making excuses, because there have been too many recent examples where the BCS rankings were very disputable.

I'm not sure of the exact ranking actually, but every 2 years the college band directors national association judges from submitted videos. I pulled this quote from a U of Arizona article:

"Joining the UA Pride of Arizona band in winning the 2008 marching band competition are the University of California Los Angeles, Colorado State University, Texas Christian University and Western Carolina University."

It's possible top five means just that with no specific order....