Klipsch customer support ?

dsommerl

I hope this is taken by all (including Klipsch--if they ever watfch this board) as some constructive criticism. As evidenced by my posts over the past few months (and hopefully sincere helpful replies---where I think I can add something)I'm a passionate Klipsch fan.

HOWEVER I think that Klipsch's customer support leaves a whole lot to be desired. Does anyone else feel that way?

I've been all over the various forums "Spot" "AVS"--you name one I think I've been there. In most cases I find that either the forum moderator or even some mfg reps etc are actively involved in the discussions. Their input provides some great informatioin and insight into an issue. Denon and SVS personnel are particularily attentive in this regard.

I can't even get Klipsch to answer an e mail!(I've yet to get any reply on one I sent over one week ago)When I've tried to call them I end up in voice mail (and never get called back). Only some real persistence gets me any information from Klipsch HQ (like insisting to be left on hold until someone will talk to me etc).

Seldom have I ever seen a Klipsch person involve themselves in this forum. The "heavy lifting" is apparently left to the "foot soldiers" --Horn Ed and the many other regulars (all of which deserve free Klipsch belt buckles if you ask me !).

Hey, I love this stuff----and am as "high" on the Klipsch product as anyone (I even DO buy new Klipsch too--not just used)

Now, I hope this "*****" doesn't get me black balled/listed---I am not a trouble maker---I just think Klipsch ought to invest a little in customer/consumer support Their fine product line warrants it.

Klipsch Grade Card: Product---A Customer support---D

My 2 cents---Dave

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never had a problem contacting Klipsch, not even a busy signal... Smile.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

A technical help site created by me and my fellow Klipschers

I am an amateur, if it is professional;

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

RA# Fax Number=317-860-9140 / Parts Department Fax Number=317-860-9150s>

Perhaps it's your approach. Whenever I deal with someone (especially when I want something from them), I remember these two gems:

1) You get more bees with honey.

2) There's a way to tell someone to go to hell and have them enjoy the trip.

Maybe korny, but sometimes it works.

CT

------------------

=====================================

You can tune a radio, but you can't tuna fish!

=====================================

quote:

Originally posted by CharlieTuna:

There's a way to tell someone to go to hell and have them enjoy the trip.

This sounds interesting, please elaborate Biggrin.gif

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

ProMedia help you want email Amy or call her @ 1-888-554-5665 or for an RA# 800-554-7724 ext 5

Klipsch Home Audio help you want, email support@klipsch.com or call @ 1-800-KLIPSCH

Gee, I'm a bit taken aback. The many Klipsch moderators spend quite a bit of time on this bulletin board and the company hosts it as a customer service. Many knowledgable and passionate contributors answer thousands of questions posted by the people who visit. Over 18 thousand in the last month in fact. There is a private message function so you can send a question directly to any person who posts and we have our 800 toll-free phone number all over the site to allow that mode of access as well. I'm sorry you've been frustrated in your efforts to get through to us, but we are making every effort to afford you a channel of communication. Guess we still haven't gotten it right. I take your criticism as constructive and invite you to try again.

Personally, I've never seen another Company stand behind their products as does Klipsch.Tech Support has more than they can handle,seems like I read where Tech Support was about to be expanded.

I don't really like Klipsch speakers all that much,I just buy them because of the great service I get from Tech Support and from Amy in parts.

BTW, where the heck can I find a Forum frequented by someone from Denon? I'm serious!

Keith

EDIT> BobG, evidently you out-typed me in your response.Any chance of cloning Trey and Matt?

This message has been edited by talktoKeith on 03-12-2002 at 11:52 AM

Hey, easy guys

Charlie, thanks for the personal interaction lesson.

Bob G---my post was only meant as constructive---I'm a BIG Klipsch fan---just reciting my experience---not making it up. AND certainly not angling for any special treatment.

Keith---the person is:

Jeff Talmadge

Product Manager

DENON Electronics (USA), Inc.---

this guy is all over the AVS forum---especially in the DVD hardware area.

It's almost like it's his full time job. Very impressive (I have never owned an Denon product)plus he really knows his competition (Pioneer etc).

Just 'cause you love someone doesn't mean you can't criticize once in awhile--does it?

Tks Dave

quote:

Bob G---my post was only meant as constructive---I'm a BIG Klipsch fan---just reciting my experience---not making it up. AND certainly not angling for any special treatment.

i think you missed maybe the most important part of BobG's post..

quote:

Originally posted by BobG:

I take your criticism as constructive and invite you to try again.

------------------

-justin

SoundWise Support

This is very tru i got my SB3's and SC-1 from an unauthorized reseller and Phil H told me he ran the serial #s and they came back good and that i could reinstate my warranty.

Klipsch support is awesome!

------------------

Thanks,

Daryl Gregg cwm12.gif

MY Home Theatre Page

Sony STR-DE975 HT Reciever

Sony DVP-NS400D DVD

SB-3 Mains

SC-1 Center

Quintet Rears

KSW-12 Sub

AR Proseries Interconects

Hi all,

This is pretty much a question for Klipsch directly but wonder how others feel too.

Regarding the Klipsch non-warranty 'rule': Why? You manufacture and sell Klipsch speakers. Some of your dealers wholesale these speakers off to other resellers who then sell them at a terrific price. So your dealer network makes less money (actually they make it up on volume - Economics 101) how can you interpret that to mean you should no longer stand behind your products?

I have bought from authorized dealers as well as unauthorized dealers. Guess what? No advantage to the authorized dealer and great savings from the unauthorized. In fact, the packaging was better from the unauthorized dealer - the speakers were double-boxed; the Klipsch original, unopened box enclosed in yet another box. You manufactured the speaker and it was in your original, unopened box - how could you ethically decline to resolve any MANUFACTURING defects. The distribution channel you use does not alter the MANUFACTURING or materials used - IF they are defective, you should warrantee it.

I look forward to a valid response - seeking to monopolize the distribution channels and set artificial price floors is not one. In fact, these barriers to trade, practiced by many in the audio industry, should draw the eye of the Justice Department.

I love Klipsch but find this policy damaging to consumers and an easy way out for Klipsch. It helps no one and is an insult to free enterprise. Frankly, in my experience, most Klipsch dealers do the company a disservice and typically push the consumer to other products; the unauthorized dealers are generally more knowledgeable about Klipsch and putting a system together.

End Rant. Personally, I have never had to use the Klipsch warranty so it is not really a factor in my purchasing decisions.

BTW, my rant was set off by finding out Sonic Frontiers takes this practice to a whole other level in order to maintain their price premiums and regulate their dealers. Protect their dealer networks?! Nonsense.

------------------

Fronts - KG4's

Center - C6

Surrounds - S6's

Sub - KSW200