Fortes and Chorus's

tblake10

• 2 weeks later...

The Fortes were introduced in the mid '80s by Klipsch as part of the Heritage series. However, only after four years Klipsch discontinued producing the Fortes. For some reason I've never found that familiar heritage sound in the Fortes. They never sound the same as the Heresies, Cornwalls and La Scalas.

• 3 weeks later...

I disagree. I think heritage should be grouped separately as a timbre-matched series. The Heresys through the Khorns all have a similar 3-way horn design with the same sonic signature. You can put them all in a HT or a 3-way setup and be happy with the seamless timbre matching.

Don't the Fortes, Chorus and Quartets, etc. have a different sonic signature? Isn't it the tritrax horn that differentiates it from the heritage line or was that just in series II?

The Legend Series got its own name as did reference, synergy and KG (although was KG really the official name of a line?). Does it really matter?[:^)]

carbon summit

id like to know hows ur experience from ur fortes

are they better than rf 3s by far a margin or just the mids r better bcoz of the midrange horn?

hows the overall delivery of sound and experience

do they beat jbls of the same age and prices

adios

I've never owned any of the Reference line so I can't really comment on this.

Have no fear I'm sure plenty of guys have and can give you a good comparison.

I disagree. I think heritage should be grouped separately as a timbre-matched series. The Heresys through the Khorns all have a similar 3-way horn design with the same sonic signature. You can put them all in a HT or a 3-way setup and be happy with the seamless timbre matching.

Don't the Fortes, Chorus and Quartets, etc. have a different sonic signature? Isn't it the tritrax horn that differentiates it from the heritage line or was that just in series II?

The Legend Series got its own name as did reference, synergy and KG (although was KG really the official name of a line?). Does it really matter?Huh?

Tractrix was introduced with the "II"s. The originals and II's had/have a smoother sonic signature than the cone bass heritage line, to my ears anyway, and the all horn loaded heritage models are a different animal all together. You're right it doesn't matter what they are called, I wouldn't turn my nose up at any of the models in these lines.