horn loaded sub

Riot260

anyone ever heard/built one of these????

http://billfitzmaurice.net/THT.html

Seems like it would be a good mate to a LaScala........Thoughts?

I don't use subs, know very little about them, and have no prob with a large speaker........ But Dude! 36'x36'x24' is HUGE! I must think that there are horn loaded subs with equal or better performance and a much smaller footprint. Danley?

Over on the AVS Forum in the DIY Speakers and Subs section there are several reviews and build threads... with enough reading to convince you one way or the other. After doing a lot of reading about it, I decided to buy a set of plans from his website, and hope to build one later this year. BTW, all of the Danley subs are as big or bigger than the Tuba HT. Guess it just depends on how big you're willing to go with a subwoofer.

• Moderators

I have a horn loaded sub, but not that one, and I think it sounds good, it's 2 8" drivers, similar to one of the designs on that forum.

It sounds better than the 12" in a 5 Cf ported cabinet tuned to 18 Hz I had before using the same 250 watt plate amp.