Does banana plug improve sound quality?

wikdy

Does banana plug improve sound quality?

Question; "Do banana plugs improve sound quality?"

Answer; Sound "QUALITY" is a subjective interpretation!

Question; Do banana plugs improve the source signal?

Answer; You cannot improve upon the source signal, only degrade it from the orriginal.

Question; Do banana plugs improve the quality of the connection?

Answer; No, banana plugs were invented for quick connect / disconnect convienience only, not as an improved conductor.

Roger

I never saw a need for the locking mechanism if the plugs are tight, but that said, GLS makes some really nice stuff and it is very reasonably priced. I use their RCA ends with Mogami mic wire to make some nice interconnetcs. Had them for years and they still look as new. No flaking or corrosion at all.

You obviously don't listen to K-Horns cranked for prolonged periods of time.

I routinely would vibrate the factory banana plugs out of my Klipschorns and have to pull them out of the corners to push them back in.

I tried several non locking aftermarket banna plugs as well without fixing the problem.

I went to large spade connectors and problem solved.

I also do not like banna plugs with the number 10 gauge wire I use as the weight puts to much tourque on the female connectors. My brother in law ran #8 copper for 7 channel when he built his listening room.

Roger

Maybe it's just me but sometimes I can go years without disconnecting the wires from my speakers. I only use banana plugs on my outdoor speakers since I swap them more frequently. Normally it's just bare wire in the garymd household.Big Smile

Gary,

The only reason I don't do as you suggest is that the copper oxidizes over time and the gold plating does not. Especially since I have a sulphur removal system on my water, so it's the gold plated spade connectors and heat shrink for me.

Roger

I never saw a need for the locking mechanism if the plugs are tight, but that said, GLS makes some really nice stuff and it is very reasonably priced. I use their RCA ends with Mogami mic wire to make some nice interconnetcs. Had them for years and they still look as new. No flaking or corrosion at all.

Seeing that quote and the new picture in your avitar paints a pretty funny picture.

I agree that if you can actually vibrate them loose, you need them to lock. No argument here.

Seeing that quote and the new picture in your avitar paints a pretty funny picture.

I agree that if you can actually vibrate them loose, you need them to lock. No argument here.

Thanks for noticin my new dew!!

Roger

Work all night on a drink a' rum

Daylight come and he wan' go home

Stack banana till the morning come

Come, Mr. Tally mon, tally me banana

Come, Mr. Tally mon, tally me banana