Klipsch Reference series

Vette82

Hi ,

I have a home theatre set of reference series and i would like to know what you guys would suggest me to use low frequecy or high frequecy and whats the differences between low and high frequency . i am not an expert in audio. i have connect my speaker through high freqency ports at moment.

Receiver : Yamaha RX-V 1900

RF-62 Main

RC-62 Center

Rb-61 Surround

Sub-10 Synergy

your answers is appreciated. Thank you

If you're referring to the Low/High frequency inputs on the back of the speakers, connect the factory jumpers and hook your speaker wire up like you would normally. If you only have speaker wire attached to the High Frequency inputs then you won't be getting any sound from your woofers!

Thank you for the reply , i have all my speakers wires connected to high frequency on the back of all speakers and i am getting sounds out of my woofers . but my question is , whats the differences between high/low frequency on the back of speakers and which input should i connect to ? Thanks

If the 'jumpers' or connectors between the high and low frequency inputs are connected it doesn't matter which one you connect your speaker wires to. They are there to bi-wire or bi-amp your speakers, something with very little to no benefit.

As long as the jumpers are in place, you can connect a normal pair of speaker wires to either the high or low frequency inputs it won't matter the jumpers connect the high and low frequency inputs together.

However removing the jumpers requires using two pair of speaker wires at each speaker one to both the high and low frequency inputs. The two speaker wires are used when bi-wiring or bi-amping. Removing the jumpers provides separate inputs for the high and low frequency inputs if desired.

• 3 weeks later...

MR-62 , The crossover setting i am using in my receiver right now is 80Hz.. any recommendation? Thanks

I have rx-v 1900 yamaha receiver but i am not quite sure on how to set the crossover for each speaker. i've read som info and some people saying that you can set crossover for each speak but i dont know how to do it on my receiver as i am not an expert. is it the level menu on my receiver that control this crossover.. i need some help plz. Thanks in advance.

Vette, no its not the level. There is a setting in the menu under (if I remember correctly) the advanced setup(I think its the second option under basic setup). Then speakers setup, and in that menu where you can set the size of speakers, I believe its in that same menu, if you use on screen menu, it should be easy to find, if not, you may have to read the manual. Some Yamaha receivers only have the one crossover setting. 80Hz is fine if it sounds good to you. It will also take excess strain off the receiver and let your subwoofer handle what its meant for.

Mr.RF62, i went to the manual setup and then speaker menu and under config setting i chose my speaker size which i set them all to large and then for crossover . i set it to 80HZ . for subwoofer setting i have something called LFE/Bass Out and there are three options which are SWFR/Front/Both.

i chose Both for the LFE/bass out. and i find the Surront system sound Great . but if i chose to set all the speakers to Small size and then bass out SWFR . the system sounds more loud and is not as clear as its if i set them to Large speakers. and for the crossover i chose 80Hz.

So let me know what you think or what recommendation would be the best for my system. Thank you

That is weird. The large setting would use up power from the receiver to power the lower frequencies and would cause more distortion(you may not hear). Putting the speakers to small and x-over to 80hz lets the subwoofer take this strain off the receiver so it can play cleaner/easier from 80Hz and up. Setting the LFE/bass out to both puts the fronts to large anyways. Setting it to SWFR puts those frequencies(80Hz and down) to the sub only, and lets the other speakers do the rest. I fooled around with this on my Yamaha for hours until I figured out how I liked it cause the manual doesn't state what happens with all the different settings for possibilities. What I ended up with was 80Hz setting and all speakers on small. The odd time I would listen with the x-over being at 60Hz, and it didn't sound bad, other than noticing a bit of audible distortion from my centre channel, but then you don't particularly want much under 80Hz to go through the centre channel as I find it muddies the sound and I don't listen to Barry White DVDs all that often. [:D]

• 10 months later...

Hi

some tips.

1.Use Van Dun Hul cables. They sound good on the Klipsch.

2.Traditionally the Bi-amping i.e one amp for the high frequency sound and one amp for the low frequency

increases the over all sound impact with a great dynamic range improvement which is audible to the good

connoisseur. The set up will be expensive though.

3. Bi-amping as you would have read through other reports really does not make a difference.

Hope this helps you to improve the listening experience.

Cheers

RF-25, RC-62, RW-10D, RS-52 Yamaha-RXV663, Pioneer Blu Ray BDP51FD, Sony DVD player. TEAC three head Cassette deck.