What Do I got Here...???

oldenough

My apologies for posting this in 2 Channel forum....but we dont have a Mono category. Anyone wanna shed some light on my latest find?? I have been negotiating over this for the last few days and finally managed to get it this morning. It's a real little time capsule from the 50's and owned by the same gentleman from new in '56'. His household effects had all been purchased by a local second-hand store, and is where I found it. Everything works but I will not be using the amp and tuner until they have been checked out. I will take pics of the innards for you all to see, the amp looks incredible, no rust, no corrosion as shiny as the day it was born. The speaker sounds great. Over-all condition would have to be 9/10.[:D]

post-21054-13819539182214_thumb.jpg

post-21054-13819554630634_thumb.jpg

post-21054-13819567487788_thumb.jpg

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm trying to resist the urge to fire this thing up and give it a listen....what do you think?? Iv'e given the innards a quick look over everything is nice and clean and shiny with no signs of any leakage or burning, should I rev it up slowly on the variac?? The guy I got it from said that he had heard it working.[:D]

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm trying to resist the urge to fire this thing up and give it a listen....what do you think?? Iv'e given the innards a quick look over everything is nice and clean and shiny with no signs of any leakage or burning, should I rev it up slowly on the variac?? The guy I got it from said that he had heard it working.Big Smile

Do you know when the last time it was used?

It would be best to get it to a tech. A variac is better then just power it straight up. Maybe Craig will comment on this.

Can you post picks of the underside?

Thanks for the comments everyone. I'm trying to resist the urge to fire this thing up and give it a listen....what do you think?? Iv'e given the innards a quick look over everything is nice and clean and shiny with no signs of any leakage or burning, should I rev it up slowly on the variac?? The guy I got it from said that he had heard it working.Big Smile

Do you know when the last time it was used?

It would be best to get it to a tech. A variac is better then just power it straight up. Maybe Craig will comment on this.

Can you post picks of the underside?

Seti, the guy I bought it from said they had it running when he purchased it a few days ago, the only thing he didn't test was the Turntable. I did post a pic of the back of the amp, it's the only part I could readily access without pulling the whole thing apart.