McIntosh Upgrades

WPS

Has anyone had Terry DeWick do any upgrades or just bring old McIntosh equipment back tor original specs. I have some old McIntosh equipment that I would like to bring back to original specs or improve.

Is the question "Did I get an upgrade" or "did he return it to stock"? Terry refreshed my C-28 AND MC-2125 and from the stand point that after 30 years, the refresh was an upgrade. After he did his magic the amp factory rated at 120 WPC did 150+ before clipping. Great guy, HIGHLY recommended. Take it to him or get the proper box from Mc or Audio Classic, don't take chances.

I had Terry update my MX110 last summer. Her replaced about 25 parts and aligned the tuner. It came back sounding great, especially the phono section. I have dealt with both Terry and Audio Classics. Both are the best, and I wouldn't trust my Mac gear with anyone else!

Herb

I wish I could be so lucky...

My C-33 has been at an "authorized" Mc repair facility for over 6 months waiting on chips for the phono section. It's driving me nuts. Only reason I didn't send it to Terry was that shipping over the border scares the crap outta me.

We're your friends and you shouldn't be scared of us.

I wish I could be so lucky...

My C-33 has been at an "authorized" Mc repair facility for over 6 months waiting on chips for the phono section. It's driving me nuts. Only reason I didn't send it to Terry was that shipping over the border scares the crap outta me.

Has anyone had Terry DeWick do any upgrades or just bring old McIntosh equipment back tor original specs. I have some old McIntosh equipment that I would like to bring back to original specs or improve

Living near Terry I've been to his home more than a handful of times now (and he to mine). You'd be hard pressed to find someone better than him, go look him up on Audiokarma and you'll get an idea of some of the love.

My understanding though is he does not do 'upgrades' per se'. His goal is to take things back to original spec. Perhaps that's a fine line to some people but there are some who hot rod things, taking them away from factory designs. His goal (if I may put words into his fingers) is to take it back to how the factory wanted it.

• 4 weeks later...

"After he did his magic the amp factory rated at 120 WPC did 150+ before

clipping."

So now it puts out as much as a stock new unit did?

I personally couldn't vouch for that, I only know what the factory rating is and what Terry's bench said.

Terry did my two MC-250 amps over the last few months. Rebuilt to factory spec as others have had done. They sound wonderful but when I opened the boxes I couldn't believe how nice they looked as well. Like a shiney new car. He does meticulous work and is very reasonably priced. Highly recommended.