Reconed K-33 before and after

kg4guy

Don't forget to make sure they put a double / or second gasket arround the perimiter. If your K 33-E is going into a La Scals, Belle, or K-Horn, it has to go up against the motor board to act as a compression driver. If you do not have the double gasket, the surrounds will hit the motor board. It especially would concern me if the reconer was dumb enough not to recone as a 4 ohm driver, that he would also probably not put on the second gasket to space the driver enough to clear the motor board.

Roger / Gadfly

If anyone else needs this type of work done, this guy is a master. Located in N.E. Ohio

http://thespeakershop.com/

Happens to be a Klipsch dealer too!

Sorry, I don't go to a Ford dealership for a good hamburger. Likewise, I don't go to a stereo botique to work on my amps or recone my speakers. I go to a reconer that specializes in reconing only. I take my amps to someone that specilizes in that make and model only.

I have a guy over in Ft. Wyne Indianna who is the only guy authorized by Electro Voice, to recone obsolete Electro Voice and reconing is his full time profession. site is www.recone.com Owners name is Tom, name of buiseness is Speaker Workshop. Phone number is (260)-426-8742 , He is open Tuesday through saturday. Don't just take my word for the guys tallent, ask Michael Colter or Indy Klipsch Roger about the job he did on my EV 15W-K Alnico Woofers or email me at rgordon@watchtv.net and ask for some pictures of a truely exceptional job.

Another option would be Joey B. from here on the Klipsch Pro forum, not only a Pro Klipsch dealer but has an 8 stack KP-600 system that he runs as a buiseness and ran MCM 1900s prior to that and has always reconed his own as well as others pro Klipsch.

Roger

If anyone else needs this type of work done, this guy is a master. Located in N.E. Ohio

http://thespeakershop.com/

Happens to be a Klipsch dealer too!

Sorry, I don't go to a Ford dealership for a good hamburger. Likewise, I don't go to a stereo botique to work on my amps or recone my speakers. I go to a reconer that specializes in reconing only. I take my amps to someone that specilizes in that make and model only.

I have a guy over in Ft. Wyne Indianna who is the only guy authorized by Electro Voice, to recone obsolete Electro Voice and reconing is his full time profession.

Another option would be Joey B., not only a Pro Klipsch dealer but has an 8 stack KP-600 system that he runs as a buiseness and ran MCM 1900s prior to that and has always reconed his own as well as others pro Klipsch.

Roger

You should have looked at the site a little closer as the selling of stereo equipment started long after the speaker repair in 1973.

http://thespeakershop.com/speakerrepair.html

Pete

I have had a couple guys email me off list about this, so hear is a little more information.

I presently own eight different kinds of OEM Klipsch 15 inch speakers, and I presently own over 30 OEM Klipsch 15 inch drivers. Of all the 15 inch Klipsch drivers I curently own, I personaly like the early 1950s Alnico Electro Voice EV 15W-K driver for sound in a Klipschorn. I own a couple of these and I called Electro Voice to try to have them recone the woofers. Electro Voice told me they refer all of their obsolete driver repair to Tom at www.recone.com EV sent me to him, I had never had any contact with him prior to that point. EV no longer makes recone kits for these drivers. At my request, Tom sent my chrome baskets to Chrome Masters, the same shop that did the copper plating on the Orange County Choppers Statue of Liberty motorcycle. Tom also had my bolts that hold the motor structure to the baskets chromed. Chrome Masters stripped my baskets, repolished them, tripple show chrome plated them. As I said, the recone kit is obsolete. Tom custom ordered some new cones with the exact same folded paper surround with the same excursion and sprung weight within one gram of the orriginals. Tom cutom orderd some formers from Electro Voice wound with the exact same Aluminum flat wire voice coils in 4 ohm exactly like the orriginals. Even though once the driver is mounted to the motor board, Tom took my PWK pie logo dust covers and placed them so the logo is straight up and down at 12 oclock when the terminals are in the three oclock possition. These were a very anal set of drivers done the way I wanted. Tom is also the only one EV sends all of their EV 30W 30 inch woofers to, and he has a mold / former to make new 30 inch foam cones and is planning on bringing out a carbon fiber 30 inch cone alternative.

Both Michael Colter and Indy Klipsch / Roger have seen one of my EV 15W-Ks in person, and I have 6 or 7 pictures I can email if you want to email me direct to see this work.

Roger / Gadfly

I have had a couple guys email me off list about this, so hear is a little more information.

I presently own eight different kinds of OEM Klipsch 15 inch speakers, and I presently own over 30 OEM Klipsch 15 inch drivers. Of all the 15 inch Klipsch drivers I curently own, I personaly like the early 1950s Alnico Electro Voice EV 15W-K driver for sound in a Klipschorn. I own a couple of these and I called Electro Voice to try to have them recone the woofers. Electro Voice told me they refer all of their obsolete driver repair to Tom at www.recone.com EV sent me to him, I had never had any contact with him prior to that point. EV no longer makes recone kits for these drivers. At my request, Tom sent my chrome baskets to Chrome Masters, the same shop that did the copper plating on the Orange County Choppers Statue of Liberty motorcycle. Tom also had my bolts that hold the motor structure to the baskets chromed. Chrome Masters stripped my baskets, repolished them, tripple show chrome plated them. As I said, the recone kit is obsolete. Tom custom ordered some new cones with the exact same folded paper surround with the same excursion and sprung weight within one gram of the orriginals. Tom cutom orderd some formers from Electro Voice wound with the exact same Aluminum flat wire voice coils in 4 ohm exactly like the orriginals. Even though once the driver is mounted to the motor board, Tom took my PWK pie logo dust covers and placed them so the logo is straight up and down at 12 oclock when the terminals are in the three oclock possition. These were a very anal set of drivers done the way I wanted. Tom is also the only one EV sends all of their EV 30W 30 inch woofers to, and he has a mold / former to make new 30 inch foam cones and is planning on bringing out a carbon fiber 30 inch cone alternative.

Both Michael Colter and Indy Klipsch / Roger have seen one of my EV 15W-Ks in person, and I have 6 or 7 pictures I can email if you want to email me direct to see this work.

Roger / Gadfly

I don't doubt his work at all and would love to see the pics, just because I appreciate anyone that is that good at what they do, which is why I was blown away by the shop I mentioned in N.E. Ohio, based on the incredible work I looked at when I went to get some work done. I would really like to see what he did for you. no1pennstate@yahoo.com

Pete

I presently own eight different kinds of OEM Klipsch 15 inch speakers, and I presently own over 30 OEM Klipsch 15 inch drivers. Of all the 15 inch Klipsch drivers I curently own, I personaly like the early 1950s Alnico Electro Voice EV 15W-K driver for sound in a Klipschorn. I own a couple of these and I called Electro Voice to try to have them recone the woofers.

Electro Voice told me they refer all of their obsolete driver repair to Tom at www.recone.com EV sent me to him, I had never had any contact with him prior to that point. EV no longer makes recone kits for these drivers.

At my request, Tom sent my chrome baskets to Chrome Masters, the same shop that did the copper plating on the Orange County Choppers Statue of Liberty motorcycle. Tom also had my bolts that hold the motor structure to the baskets chromed. Chrome Masters stripped my baskets, repolished them, tripple show chrome plated them.

As I said, the recone kit is obsolete. Tom custom ordered some new cones with the exact same folded paper surround with the same excursion and sprung weight within one gram of the orriginals. Tom cutom orderd some formers from Electro Voice wound with the exact same Aluminum flat wire voice coils in 4 ohm exactly like the orriginals.

Even though once the driver is mounted to the motor board, Tom took my PWK pie logo dust covers and placed them so the logo is straight up and down at 12 oclock when the terminals are in the three oclock possition. These were a very anal set of drivers done the way I wanted.

Tom is also the only one EV sends all of their EV 30W 30 inch woofers to, and he has a mold / former to make new 30 inch foam cones and is planning on bringing out a carbon fiber 30 inch cone alternative.

Roger / Gadfly

X

I presently own eight different kinds of OEM Klipsch 15 inch speakers, and I presently own over 30 OEM Klipsch 15 inch drivers. Of all the 15 inch Klipsch drivers I curently own, I personaly like the early 1950s Alnico Electro Voice EV 15W-K driver for sound in a Klipschorn. I own a couple of these and I called Electro Voice to try to have them recone the woofers.

Electro Voice told me they refer all of their obsolete driver repair to Tom at www.recone.com EV sent me to him, I had never had any contact with him prior to that point. EV no longer makes recone kits for these drivers.

At my request, Tom sent my chrome baskets to Chrome Masters, the same shop that did the copper plating on the Orange County Choppers Statue of Liberty motorcycle. Tom also had my bolts that hold the motor structure to the baskets chromed. Chrome Masters stripped my baskets, repolished them, tripple show chrome plated them.

As I said, the recone kit is obsolete. Tom custom ordered some new cones with the exact same folded paper surround with the same excursion and sprung weight within one gram of the orriginals. Tom cutom orderd some formers from Electro Voice wound with the exact same Aluminum flat wire voice coils in 4 ohm exactly like the orriginals.

Even though once the driver is mounted to the motor board, Tom took my PWK pie logo dust covers and placed them so the logo is straight up and down at 12 oclock when the terminals are in the three oclock possition. These were a very anal set of drivers done the way I wanted.

Tom is also the only one EV sends all of their EV 30W 30 inch woofers to, and he has a mold / former to make new 30 inch foam cones and is planning on bringing out a carbon fiber 30 inch cone alternative.

Roger / Gadfly

X

Carbon_66,

If you want some picture of the driver, email me direct at rgordon@watchtv.net the email via the Klipsch web page does not allow fo thumbnail attachments.

Roger