Texas has froze over!

InVeNtOr

it is snowing down here! i don't mean a few inches either. okay, well maybe we will get around 10." don't laugh east coast guys! that's a lot down here! it's the most snow anyone can remember! finally had fun making a huge snow man and wrestling around with my daughter in the snow. i took no mercy!

did you actually know that or did you look it up? all i know it was fun! i hate the cold but 1-2 days is ok for me. my fellow texas can back me up, but when it rains here people are driving all over the road, let alone snow. to be honest, on a hot dry road people drive crazy! it's just plane dangerous on the roads here.

to be honest, on a hot dry road people drive crazy! it's just plane dangerous on the roads here.

We lived in the Dallas area (Plano) for about 5 years 16-17 years ago after living in the Detroit area and later the Chicago area and while I'm not sure the people in the Dallas area drove as fast or even as crazy as people in the Detroit area or Chicago area but they drove with attitude. Detroit, Chicago people would actually get over if there was room to let one merge onto the highway or at least leave some space (though that could be pretty small, espcecially during rush hour in Chicago) but in Dallas? Heck no. You could be entering the highway from the ramp and there's one car that at times you'd swear would speed up or slow down so they'd be right where you'd want to merge... not another vehicle for a quarter of a mile front or back and very rarely would they move over into the adjoining lane so you could merge in smoothly. Crazy.

We only had a little snow once or twice when we lived there but usally got 1 or 2 ice storms a year. Up to an inch or two of ice bbs coverying everthing and it'd typically be gone by noon the next day. Not a good time to be on the road. The stores would be packed when the ice storm was hitting or just before and the people clearing the shelves of milk, bread, beer, and ice cream. Too funny.

did you actually know that or did you look it up? all i know it was fun! i hate the cold but 1-2 days is ok for me. my fellow texas can back me up, but when it rains here people are driving all over the road, let alone snow. to be honest, on a hot dry road people drive crazy! it's just plane dangerous on the roads here.

No, I lived in Mesquite back then... lots of snow and ice. Got a couple days off from elementary school if I remember correctly. And I'm taking the day off today, even though someone decided our office would open late.

you are so right about the merging! it's beyond crazy here! i thought arkansas drivers were bad, texas has to be the worse! the funny thing is, it's the person on the freeway that's in control, either speed up or slow down. these nuts keep speed and act like they don't want you on their freeway! the other thing that bothers me is single drivers in the HOV lane. now i don't care if you want to cheat and drive in it, i mind if you drive 50mph in it! i was driving in it a long time ago and some dude was going way slow. i decided to try and go around him, and the SOB spead up! no wonder people here shoot other people on the freeway! it's like drivers want to drive slow until someone wants to pass, then it's an all out war to not let anyone around you!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...