Got ammo????????????

winchester21

AMMOMAN.COM from NJ has had some real deals lately. I have restocked my shelves with loads of 223s and 40s at low prices. 223 LC SS109s at 479 per 1000. Right at practice round prices. All kinds of Govt overruns of plain boxed 40 cal that appear to be black Talon quality carry ammo. These guys have it going on if you are looking for cheap high quality ammo. All bulk purchase of 250 rounds+ and up except for high $$$ spedialty stuff by the 100. Get it while you still can. I highly reccomend these guys. Several recent purchases. Lightning fast shipping with no issues.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

30 years +- I have some WW2 surplus 30-06 that still shoot

I would assume indefinitely

Good for you Russ- 9mm is still a tough item here at decent prices. Walmart has it for 12.00 for 50 but flies off the shelf within hours. 40 s are available 100 for 30 dollars- winchester white box- no 45s at all. A few 223s in 100 packs for 40 dollars. 22s are up to 18-30 dollars for a 500 round brick

Ammoman is the real deal.

I believe Guns and AMMO is a NO Talk zone on the Klipsch Forums..

As "toys" or hobby (and discussed in civil terms) seems to be ok. There's been a couple of discussions about .45's, etc not too long ago. I guess as long as the discussions center around the hobby itself, Amy's ok with that.

Maybe it's guns AND ammo.... as opposed to one... or the other... but not in combination!! [6]

[H]

What is the shelf life of typical ammo?

JJK

Ammo life is directly proportionate to moisture getting to the powder, and / or the primer. Typically, most military amunition has a sealer placed arround the primer, and the base of the bullet, further still, alot of millitary ammo comes in sealed tins to protect it from moisture as well.

If you are a hand loader, you can buy the sealer to seal your own primer and bullets as well.

As far as factory ammo goes, I have 30 year old .22 rimfire that still works, but there are no gaurantees, the powder could go sour at any time. I have had alot of non sealed WWII era ammo that has gone bad, as well as comercial ammo. Alot of shotgun ammo seams to be especially subceptable to going bad.

The worst thing that can happen is if the powder is bad, but the primer is still good. This will have enough power to drive a bullet into the barrel, but not out of the barrel. If you are not paying close attention, subsequent live rounds will drive the prior shot out, but they will in turn be lodged in the barrel, causing barrel bulges and rings if not a down right rupture or fragmentation of the barrel.

If you want to have ammo stores for decades to come, better buy the military surplus that is sealed or load and seal your own. It just isn't worth it to me to take a chance on non sealed factory loads that are old.

Roger

• Moderators

Haha!

Sorry to disappoint... I've never fired a gun in my life. Never even held one. My stepdad is into them, and he hunts quite a bit (with a cross bow as well), and try as he might, I won't even entertain giving it a try. I don't mind that he's into them, it's just not for me. Kind of like seafood.

Haha!

Sorry to disappoint... I've never fired a gun in my life. Never even held one. My stepdad is into them, and he hunts quite a bit (with a cross bow as well), and try as he might, I won't even entertain giving it a try. I don't mind that he's into them, it's just not for me. Kind of like seafood.

Amy,

No guns, and No seafood!!

You have seriously disturbing issues, are you seeing anyone for this??

Dr. Coytee will be over shortly!!

Roger

• Moderators

LOL, nope, no seafood. Not even tuna salad. Or lobster. Or shrimp. If it lived in the water, I don't want anything to do with eating it...and yes, I realize it is a mental block. But I think I'll be ok.

I do like to fish, though.