Got ammo????????????

winchester21

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it lived in the water, I don't want anything to do with eating it...

Just like W.C. Fields (famous drunkard). He wouldn't drink water because fishes fornicate in it!

Thanx, Russ

Sorta' like that KFC commercial that bashed McD's chicken McNuggets awhile back.... KFC: "What kind of chicken parts; McD worker in the ad..."Parts is parts"....

Something about that commercial got my attention..... Not for KFC, mind you, but never ate McNuggets after that (except in an emergency....)

What is this ?? The ups man just brought me something. 100 Feredal Premium Law enforcement tactical Urban rifle 55 grain Hi Shok SPs. 100 for 98 bucks- A 20 round box is 40-50 at the shows. Another no issue purchase. AMMOMAN is the real deal for great stuff at bargain basement prices. 98 bucks for 100 of these is a joke. This is my 3rd purchase.[Y]

Yeah- 45 hardball is gone. Cant find any period. Nothing to go out and shoot paper. paying 20 for 100 a year ago- now 40 and none to be had

$1 a round for the specualty rifle stuff is not bad in todays market. I cant believe that 22s are over 20 a brick. SOme scalper here was getting 40.00 a box for .380s- very scarce

Haha!

Sorry to disappoint... I've never fired a gun in my life. Never even held one. My stepdad is into them, and he hunts quite a bit (with a cross bow as well), and try as he might, I won't even entertain giving it a try. I don't mind that he's into them, it's just not for me. Kind of like seafood.

NO SEA FOOD!!!! Are you kidding me! Is this by choice (you fool), or force of nature, e.g. allergic reaction???

I can't believe it.....No broiled lobster? Never had the Shrimp Scampi, nor Stuffed Flounder? Fresh Snapper fillets in Mojo de Ajo? What about Crab Cakes? Surely you've enjoyed a crispy outside, tender inside Crab Cake? Howbout New Englands finest clam chowder??? BBQ Shrimp? Shrimp etoufe, Crawfish etoufe? OMG, oh the horror of such a thought, .... please don't say this is by choice.

Indianapolisans love breaded pork tenderloin. No wonder you don't like seafood.

LOL, nope, no seafood. Not even tuna salad. Or lobster. Or shrimp. If it lived in the water, I don't want anything to do with eating it...and yes, I realize it is a mental block. But I think I'll be ok.

I say buy whatever you can while you can -- it's only going to get worse. My friends keep buying firearms -- I keep buying ammo.

Personally, I'm gunned out.... and even close to ammo'ed out. But that very thought "It's going to get worse", keeps me active with my gun and ammo purchases.

Realistically, I don't have an immediate, foreseeable need (within this lifetime, unless civil war) for anymore. Got everything covered in spades when it comes to firearms, and what I can realistically use. Even have a few Class III items.... you can't believe what a $200 federal stamp gets you.

Here in the USA, it takes 3 months, if your lucky... to get a silencer.... or any other Class III items. But in several African countries, you can go buy them right off the shelfs. It's the guns that you can't buy, at least not in few African countries I've been. Ammo and just about everything else is still plentiful. I've been inside some African gun stores that have dealers holding onto some really classic guns, pre-WWII Model 70's, 700BDL's, Rigsby Classic side-by-sides, all these guns are just sitting in safes, because dealers can no longer sell them to Joe African Public. The dealers are still holding surplus, because they got caught between law changes. Now they have inventory they can no longer sell or trade. Everything else is still available though, while supplies last. They have all types of these items, they even have some on lazy susane rotating displays and even blister packs. It really blew my mind when I first saw them. I paid about $30 US for a silencer, and gave it to my PH as a gift after the Safari. I liked the silencer so much, that I purchased a legal one just like it here in the US, it cost me $800, plus $200 for the stamp, plus $100 for a trust style procurement which allows me to WILL my Class III possessions to my children w/o any legal ramnifications.

Cool- I would love to have a silencer for my HK UPS tactical 45 but I was quoted 2500 + the 200 stamp . I have 2 boys- ( one a forum member) and we can burn thru a ton of ammo in one outing. several hundred $$$ shooting pistols and ARs. Buddy of mine just got back from Zimbabwae- killed 2 nice cape buffalos - in the 30" class. I have some pre WWII 70 in some crazy cals- like 9mm.I have only seen 2 - Mine and the one in the Melvin Gordon collection which is now in the museum in Alexandria VA. That collection is worth seeeing if you ever get around that area. Best known collection of 70s in existance. I dont think I will ever get gunned out. Everytime I think that I have seen it all something else pops up to make me spend money. I burn through ammo so fast that I have to keep replacing it. That is why I was thrilled to find this source.

Cool- I would love to have a silencer for my HK UPS tactical 45 but I was quoted 2500 + the 200 stamp . I have 2 boys- ( one a forum member) and we can burn thru a ton of ammo in one outing. several hundred $$$ shooting pistols and ARs. Buddy of mine just got back from Zimbabwae- killed 2 nice cape buffalos - in the 30" class. I have some pre WWII 70 in some crazy cals- like 9mm.I have only seen 2 - Mine and the one in the Melvin Gordon collection which is now in the museum in Alexandria VA. That collection is worth seeeing if you ever get around that area. Best known collection of 70s in existance. I dont think I will ever get gunned out. Everytime I think that I have seen it all something else pops up to make me spend money. I burn through ammo so fast that I have to keep replacing it. That is why I was thrilled to find this source.

Silencers are not what their cracked up to be. What you see on TV movies with the whisper quite shots is pure BS. I have 3 silencers, and they were, and still are rated as being the highest noise suppression (39db to 41db reduction) for the recommended caliber weapon. 1 of them is even certified for full auto use. At the time I purchased them, it was all about owning a silencer, because of the difficulties in aquireing them. I thought I could use them w/o spooking other animals, but that is impossible. A silenced 7mm sounds the same as a silenced .223 cal., which sound like a .22 LR..... which IMHO is not that silent at all.

My favorite silencer, and the one I like to use at the ranch is on a .22 cal rife. If I shoot the std. .22 CCI mini mag ammo, it's kinda of quiet, sort of like my RWS pellet gun, but still too loud. However, if I shoot the subsonic ammo, then and only then is there a huge distinct difference. Very quiet, similar to what you see on TV, but mybe slightly noisier. I don't know if you'll be able to slow your .45cal loads down enough for there to be significant difference, but that's your best bet for using a silencer on anything bigger than a .22cal., just MHO.

Depending how fancy you want to get, One that works is nothing more that a soda bottle and little duct tape. With a 22, can't hear it, with 45 just a little noise. Again depending what you are going to use it for, it really doesn't matter.,

CigarBum

I find this useful for opening beer cans

Too stinkin heavy. My brother and my buddy both have one, and even with a 30 round stick they are too heavy, let alone a 50 or 100 round drum, alot more accurate then one would expect from a .45, but there is a reason you hardly ever see anyone shoulder one in the movies.

Roger

They are heavy, but I can shoulder it and I can hit with one. It's a SWEET weapon. I think Hollywood goes for the dramatic, like gangstas shooting handguns sideways. Daddy-in-law carried one in WWII fror 4 years. If he can I can. He was 5'-10 and 140 pounds. [:D]

Silencers are not what their cracked up to be. What you see on TV movies with the whisper quite shots is pure BS..........However, if I shoot the subsonic ammo, then and only then is there a huge distinct difference.................

Yep. Ya gotta use subsonic ammo; then, a .380 sounds like slammimg a big book shut. I'd expect .45ACP to sound the same.