Canada has a chance to get both mens and women's gold medals...

tigerwoodKhorns

I keep telling my wife that I am upset that they are not televising every curling competition on NB[C]. What's the deal?

NBC put on quite a bit of curling, but mostly on its "auxiliary" MSNBC and especially CNBC (after the stock market closed). It's captivating!

I'm mostly rooting for the US to develop strong curling teams for 4 years from now. I understand there are lots of time, money, and transportation barriers to us doing that. Otherwise, I was rooting for Canada. Someone said that China has a fully-funded Olympics curling program, btw.

I really wish I'd watched the women's ice hockey final. The US team's sour disappointment was painful to watch in the medal ceremony IMO.

Did anyone else think the women curling players had attractive, strong-appearing eyes? Except the US skip, who wasn't very good ... hmm.

Larry:

The Women's Hockey loss was tough to take but I watched all the games for there was added interest.

A local woman, from a small town of 600 called Siren, WI, was skating in her 2nd Olympics. Her Collegiate Hockey was played at the Unv of WI-Madison

Way to go Molly!!!!!

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-hockey/athletes/molly-engstrom_ath1023998Mq.htmlhttp://hockey.teamusa.org/news/2009/12/17/2010-u-s-olympic-women-s-ice-hockey-team-unveiled/29988'>

I too became captivated watching Curling in this Olympics. Oddly enough it was my wife who got hooked initially then I watched a match with her and the talking heads did a pretty good job of explaining it. I’d love to see us be able to field a competitive team for the next Winter Olympics. And yes Larry the Chinese team is a “professional” Curling team.

And yes Larry the Chinese team is a “professional” Curling team.

According to a recent quote by an Olympics expert, there are no more "amateur" teams or athletes in the Olympics, if you define amateur as someone who has a job and trains on evenings and weekends. Nowadays, if you don't train full-time, you'll never be good enough to make it to the Games.