Anyone want my place in line for Emotiva UMC-1?

carbon summit

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I just got this email. I'm not sure if its a blanket email from some customer list or not:

Hello,

Please be advised we are installing the latest software updates on the UMC-1’s at the factory. This will cause a short delay of 2-3 weeks in your purchase. We apologize for the delay and we will send you an email as soon as we have a firm release date of your shipment.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Cathy Laufman

VP Operations

cid:image001.jpg@01CA71A2.EE7ED2D0

131 Southeast Parkway Court

Franklin, TN 37064

615 790 6754

cathy@emotiva.com

I called Emotiva to ask if this applies to my UMC-1 since I was told last week mine would be here in a shipment arriving any day now.
Nobody there seems to really know whats going on or just doesn't want to say. Probably knows there are delays but want to keep stringing people on so they don't go elsewhere would be my guess. Anyway the one bit of good news I got is the firmware update is a new one, not the one they released a few weeks ago, but the new UMC-1s will come shipped with update #2. So maybe some more of the bugs have been fixed now.

Carbon Summit, are you going to get it? I'll bet it sounds better than your/our 663. I bet you're really going to like it. I'm glad your getting it before me because if it doesn't sound better I would be out all that money.(LOL) But really, if I had the cash I would get one. I think Emotiva makes a good product. Good luck to ya my friend.

The head honcho at Emotiva posted yesterday that in a few days he would list the issues addressed in the new FW update.I was also already under the impression it would be a few weeks before the update is available.So if you're buying a new unit I'm sure you would want the latest firmware.I suppose it's well worth the wait considering the last firmware update done on site caused major grief,although mine took under 10 minutes.

We just watched a movie and now I'm listening to some CDs. Really happy with my meager Yamaha 663. Just got the crossovers done in my Academy and front Forte IIs by DeanG and added the titanium tweeters from Bob Crites for all three front speakers. It sound great.

My question as far as the UMC-1 goes is do I want to open Pandora's box? I'm really happy with what I have but of course as soon has you hear better the bar is raised and there is no going back! My system is in my signature. It isn't anywhere near the top system on this forum I know but I'm happy with it. I kind of wonder if I'm better off not knowing if the UMC-1 is better!!!

We just watched a movie and now I'm listening to some CDs. Really happy with my meager Yamaha 663. Just got the crossovers done in my Academy and front Forte IIs by DeanG and added the titanium tweeters from Bob Crites for all three front speakers. It sound great.

My question as far as the UMC-1 goes is do I want to open Pandora's box? I'm really happy with what I have but of course as soon has you hear better the bar is raised and there is no going back! My system is in my signature. It isn't anywhere near the top system on this forum I know but I'm happy with it. I kind of wonder if I'm better off not knowing if the UMC-1 is better!!!

There is always better....look into the light...there is always better.....breathe deeply.....there is always better

Dude, how long you been around here? Good is never good enough!

• Moderators

If you are happy with what you have, save your money. WHOA! Bet you weren't expecting that. LOL. Reality is that we can chase Bigger/Better the rest of our lives. I usually try to decide ahead of time what I want to get, make a plan, save up cash, look for deals and purchase it as I can afford it. At some point, it is wise to just sit back and enjoy what you have....you just have to decide when that will be. It's a different place for each of us. Good luck in whatever you decide.

If you are happy with what you have, save your money. WHOA! Bet you weren't expecting that. LOL. Reality is that we can chase Bigger/Better the rest of our lives. I usually try to decide ahead of time what I want to get, make a plan, save up cash, look for deals and purchase it as I can afford it. At some point, it is wise to just sit back and enjoy what you have....you just have to decide when that will be. It's a different place for each of us. Good luck in whatever you decide.

Honestly getting one good sub is a bigger priority to me than a better pre/pro at this point.

ALL that matters is that you enjoy your set and don't feel you have a weak link.If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I know for better or worse I'll probably end up buying it just to satisfy my curiosity about it.

If I decide its not worth it I'll offer it here first before sending it back to Emo on the return policy. Like I've said before if they raise the prices like they told me they plan to it still would be a better deal to buy my few days/weeks old UMC-1 than pay full price for a new one.

So another 2-3 weeks, this email today:

Hello,

Please be advised we are installing the latest software updates on the UMC-1s at the factory. This will cause a short delay of 2-3 weeks in your purchase. We apologize for the delay and we will send you an email as soon as we have a firm release date of your shipment.

Thank you for your continued patience and support

since I'm on the fence I'm probably the one guy that isn't too upset about the delays. I'm hoping all the guys with the UMC-1 already get the 2nd update installed and tested out before my time to buy comes up. I'd love to hear the problems are solved and all is well before I decide if I want to get it.

I think with the other speakers you have you owe it to yourself to get a killer sub. Someone posted this SVS in the sub section:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?homesubw&1273630189&/SVS-PB12-plus/2-

[:P]

Wow, just noticed this one too!

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?homesubw&1273689152&/SVS-16-46-PCI-Cylinder-subwoof

• Moderators

I think with the other speakers you have you owe it to yourself to get a killer sub. Someone posted this SVS in the sub section:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?homesubw&1273630189&/SVS-PB12-plus/2-

That is precisely the sub I used to drool over. Two 12" subs with some serious wattage! I've read that they will threaten the integrity of your walls. [:P] That is a great price too. They used to run $1000 - $1499.00 when they were being manufactured.