Seller backed out on the Laurels

Mike Lindsey

As if there hasn't been enough disappointment in my life lately, I have just been told the Laurels I was going to buy are no longer for sale. Frown.gif After working out a deal with the seller, he has now informed me that he is going to keep the amps, along with a Jeff Korneff 45 amp that he just had built.

Suffice it to say, I am not happy about this decision. If anyone sees an ad for the Laurels or the Moondogs, please let me know.

Thanks,

Mike

------------------

My Music Systems

Mike, is that factory sale for the Moondogs still on? If so (or you could beg if it isn't, they'll probably talk to you), one of the factory-wired jobs would be a great deal.

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

AES AE-25 "Superamp"

AES AE-3 Pre-amp

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

That's Beat, Mike!

Sorry about how that turned out.

Sounds like that seller can't seem to make up his mind.

Oh well, Good things come to those who are willing to wait.

I would be hitting up Ron Welborne, to work you out some sort of Deal, possibly.

I'll keep my eye out, and let you know if any Welborne products come up for grabs.

(Hell, I can't afford them.)

I figured you would be set up with Tubes way before me.

And you will probably still be set-up and going with Tubes before I get these little Eico mono amps rebuilt and going.

And I still need a Tube Pre-amp.

Hang in there, there is a Welborne amp in your Future.

BTW, Did you ever get a Tube Pre-amp yet?

THANX!

Laurel and Hardy! Good one, Fini!

Mike.

This message has been edited by mike stehr on 03-19-2002 at 03:53 PM

Mike, sorry your seller decided to rest on his Laurels... but that may turn out to be a good thing. After all we got to enjoy fini's Laurel & Hardy, Har, Har... and you now have a link to the treasury that is mobile homeless. And a whole lot of Klipschers will be on the lookout for deals and pass them on to you.

At least the sorry seller is still a tubular part of society. This is one time in your life when patience will likely be rewarded. -HornEd

Mike,

Very sorry to hear that the seller would not honor his agreement to sell. I've always felt that a verbal commitment is as valid as a written one. It's obvious that this person does not share that same commitment. Honesty and Integrity doesn't appear to be a strong point of his character. May the Flees of a Thousand Camels infest his armpits! With the support of members on this forum, you have a great team looking out for you. No doubt you'll be lounging with Laurels or moon walking to Moondogs very soon!

Wish you the best!

Wes

------------------

"KLIPSCH IS MUSIC"f>

Thanks again, guys. I have only bought two other items from AudiogoN and those transactions went smoothly. I appreciate the offers to keep me informed of any new tube gear out there (Welborne Labs, Wright Sound, etc) and will hopefully have something to play with in the next month or so...

Mike

Mike,

If you are not inclined to leave negative feedback for the seller, I would encourage you to at least leave neutral feedback for him. As you know, the whole idea behind the rating system is so other folks will have some idea how the individual, be it as a buyer or a seller, has performed in previous transactions.

Just my 2¢...