Belle Klipsch

neo33

She certainly looks more beautiful than my La Scala! Does she sound better than the La Scala?

Well , unless you have Greg's V-Track horn upgrades in your LaScala's , yes . Bone stock , no ...

Joined the party late. Against all acoustical theory and most of the the folks that have enjoyed the K sound much longer than me, I must disagree. While not having a lot of experience with the LaScala I have heard them several times and used in the same room with the same system as the Belle.

Belle wins based on smoothness when both are stock. Give me a few days to get around to installing Greg's V-Trac's, new mids & tweeters with the universal networks in a pair of Belles and I will take another test drive. Of course we all KNOW that ears, rooms, sources and TASTES are different.

When I win the Lotto tonight I will build a house with identical perfect rooms, buy Mark out of retirement to build more Juicy stuff and have each room equipped with KHorns, Belles, LaScalas and Cornwalls. I will also make a revolving room for Reference since I have never heard them. My original Chorus IIs and Quartets will occupy a place of honer. As a testimonial, my two pair of 901series V will announce the arriving guests if I ever get around to having them re-coned from the deteriorated foam.

7 Belles and counting..........

I re-read your post SBW, I think we agreed.

Belle wins based on smoothness when both are stock.

Agreed. Belle wins. The Belle cabinet is not as deep as La Scala and was not prone to flexing. This made them sound better when pushed according to sources in Hope. The Belle also didn't have the k400. The La Scala II of course overcame this problem by making the LF 1 inch thick. The new La Scala's rock. The revamped 2006 Heritage line was an across the board winner.

The original Belle Klipsch:

Thanks for putting a face to the name, Amy! I'd heard Belle's name for years, but seeing her face makes her seem more of an actual person, instead of an abstraction represented by a few letters.

• 4 weeks later...