My First Pair of Klipsch! Finally!

KlipschZom

Hi Everyone,

I have been a lover of Klipsch ever since a salesman at a dealer pulled me in a room and cranked a pair of Fortes. They have always been my dream speaker, but I have never pulled the trigger on a purchase. Until last night, finally! I picked up my RF3IIs from my local dealer last night and I can't tell you how excited and pleased I am with these two new works of art. It's amazing how little volume is required to fill a room with the great sound that comes from Klipsch...

Now all I need is a couple of suggestions on a few CDs that will really show off their potential. I don't care what style of music, just anything that will show these bad boys off..

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rob Johnson

Rob,

Congratulations on the new RF3's.

I was just up your way Tuesday. We bought our minivan in Platte City, and had to come up yesterday for a little warranty work.

As for music, gee, anything really clean and clear will show them off. Just looking through some of my more recent acquisitions, though, I might recommend Nickel Creek, if you like bluegrass-lite. The remastered "Autoamerican", by Blondie sounds real good, as does "Music", by everyones favorite floozy, Madonna. Enjoy!

------------------

JDM

Fourplay's "Elixir" is a really nice CD ... good range of bass and guitar, and even a Phil Collins appearance.

------------------

If you don't like what is coming out, you wouldn't like what is going in." -PWK-

---------------------

TWO-CHANNEL SYSTEM

AES AE-25 "Superamp"

AES AE-3 Pre-amp

New Tube 4000 CD Player

1976 Klipschorns (ALK'ed)

HOME THEATER

Klipsch 1968 ALK Cornwall "II"s (LF/RF)

ALK Belle Klipsch (Center)

Klipsch Heresy (RR/LR)

Klipsch KSW-12 sub

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Cornwalls)

Sonic Frontiers Anthem AMP1 (driving Heresy's)

Denon AVR-4800

Toshiba SD-3109 DVD

Steve, if you like piano and Krall... check out the "Piano Grand" 5.1 DVD by the Smithsonian celebrating the 200th Anniversary of the Invention of the Piano. It's an eclectic tour de force of all styles of piano played by the living greats of the grand old keyboard. -HornEd

------------------

Pic6.jpg

hCongrats, welcome to the Klipsch family For a live recording(which Klipsch is famous for)which shows the Klipsch Power, Tom Cochrane and Red Rider, recorded live with the Edmonton Symphony Orchestra(89-Canadian)

or better yet,Mike Oldfield's,Tubular Bells, OH YESSmile.gif

HornEd, your pics scare me everytime I look at them Smile.gif

Nice Job!

This message has been edited by boomer9911 on 03-25-2002 at 01:46 AM

Congrats man, you may want to try these cds

-Pink Floid:The Wall

-Mike Jackson: thriller

-Santana: supernatural

-System of a Down: toxicity(Metal)

-B.B. King: B.B boogie

-Queen: bohemianrapcity

-Aerosmith: Aerosmith's greatest hits

-Any kind of digitaly remastered Jazz will do

-Klispch tends to shine when presented with some classic and new rock. Those are just some of my favs.

-Sinatra

• Klipsch Employees

We use the Fourplay cd for testing

as well as Da Da. There is one track that has a banjo as lead and a killer low end...

Welcome to the family...If you ever need us, just drop me an E-mail or call

trey.cannon@klipsch.com

1-800-554-7724 opt 6 for Tech support

------------------

Trey Cannon

Technical Support

Klipsch Audio Technologies

This message has been edited by trey cannon on 03-26-2002 at 09:46 PM

I have a pair of Forte II's, and I always demo them using Billy Idol's "White Wedding" at extremely high volume. Blows everyone away. Last time I did so at 2:30am... the neighbors (and I live in a house, not an apartment) said it was rattling the walls in their bedroom! Yes, alcohol was a factor.