What would be a good center channel to pair with Cornwall II

cornwall4

I would re- arrange my stuff and shoehorn in a 3rd CW. A ton of your program material goes to the center channel speaker. If you go much smaller the CW IIs will be too much for the center.

I have heard 3 CW 1s used together with Heresey rears and it sounded great.

I would re- arrange my stuff and shoehorn in a 3rd CW. A ton of your program material goes to the center channel speaker. If you go much smaller the CW IIs will be too much for the center.

I have heard 3 CW 1s used together with Heresey rears and it sounded great.

I use an Academy with my Khorns and think it sounds great. I tried a Belle and thought it was too much.

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. I found a Klipsch Academy on e-bay and a pair of

Klipsch KG 1.2 speakers. I am hoping to get them both; Would love to find a Heresy in walnut

to use as a center, probably won't fit. I'll hang on to it for future use. Thanks

I'm looking for a center channel speaker to go with my cornwall II speakers. I don't have the room to add another cornwall or Heresy as a center.

Of what is currently out there, what would be a decent matching center Klipsch or other. Thanks!

I have a KSF-C5 if interested.

post-35949-1381958389112_thumb.jpg

I used an Academy between my two front Cornwalls for a time, and found it to be a good match for a "compromise/smaller center solution". It's a good choice if you must select a center speaker within those dimensions. My primary complaint was that it didn't seem to be able to keep up at higher SPLs, particularly with any signal with high impact to the center: For example, the drum track on "The Eagles - Hell Freezes Over" (DVD) is very demanding, and works your center just like any main. For dialogue in movies, however, the Academy is very good, and this is the primary strength of this speaker between the Cornwalls. It is worth it for this alone, and some good bass management can make the Academy more "at home/sonically comfortable" in the system (I recommend a "small" setting in the BM, which will route the lowest bass of the center to the sub).

I did eventually sell it, as I do have room for a center Cornwall, because there's nothing better than a perfect match....but the Academy is very good within it's limitations.

I have 2 modded K horns -2" trackhorns- universals- crites- ect for HT fronts. After the mods am seriously considering modding my center channel Lascala with similar gear to keep up with the horns. Each speaker is getting 250WPC from my carver outboard.I am in the camp that the center is the most important speaker component in the HT setup.I am sue that different room dynamics such as distances between speakers change things. My room is only 13 feet wide - fronts and center across the front wall.I am on my 4th center since joining the forum in dec 2008. My take is that the closer the fronts are together-the larger the center needs to be in comparison with the fronts. Just my 2 cts worth.

Best of luck with your setup- Sounds great.

I used an Academy between my two front Cornwalls for a time, and found it to be a good match for a "compromise/smaller center solution". It's a good choice if you must select a center speaker within those dimensions. My primary complaint was that it didn't seem to be able to keep up at higher SPLs,

Boy, do I agree here 100%

I had an Academy between my LaScalas (with two more Academy's behind me)

I was NEVER satisified with them....ever. They never 'kept up' with my LaScalas. Between then & now, I've sold them.

Today, I'm planning on a JubeScala center between two Jubilee's. I'm already having second doubts about that, wondering if I should just go ahead and get a third Jubilee so I've got three identical across the front.

That is of course, the best way to go.....your space limitations will help dictate what you can do and have to live with. Just make sure it's the space constraints that dictate it, not you thinking or anyone telling you that you need a smaller speaker.

We all know that big is good .....let's face it..... your wife will not be able to argue that, will she?

[:|] [:^)]

Size was an issue in our setup so we have Quartet mains with the Acadmey center H2 sides and KG1.5 backs.

It took a while to get the Acadmey "right" it did sound a little "woodey" when first installed though it is supposed to be a very good match with the Quartets. Perhaps I don't drive my HT as loud as others, I have never found an issue with it keeping up, since it has been dialed in, I have no complaints.

It should go well with your CWII also.